Is Band of Brothers overrated?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watching for the first time I'm only on the first episode but wtf is Ross from Friends doing trying to be some tough drill seargant? They didnt really cast David Schwimmer for this did they? It's not giving me a lot of faith that its as good as ppl say it is...

Watching for the first time I'm only on the first episode but wtf is Ross from Friends doing trying to be some tough drill seargant? They didnt really cast David Schwimmer for this did they? It's not giving me a lot of faith that its as good as ppl say it is...

The episodes leading up to the invasion are definitely the worst. Fairly boring military training but establishes the relationships and personalities for later.

Once they jump into Normandy it quickly becomes one of the best WW2 series of all time.

And Sobel was generally described as someone wrong for leadership. Their pick of Ross from Friends gave you the correct reaction.

Not overrated at all . . . it's a great mini-series.

you will change your mind by the 5th episode (if not earlier)...

Yup

He's supposed to come across as a try hard....because he can't lead.
One of the ssg squad leaders and his little sgt scyophant team leader were just like this dude in Iraq. It got so bad our XO struck the squad leader over his shitty attitude in Kuwait before we moved north. And it was all swept under the rug.

You don't want guys like that running infantry units.

I think you missed the point that he wasn't tough. He was an incompetent pussy with power.

The episodes leading up to the invasion are definitely the worst. Fairly boring military training but establishes the relationships and personalities for later.

Isn't it just the first episode? Aren't they jumping into the war in the second episode?

Someone already made this thread trying to clown on Ross and jimmy kimmel being in this.

nope. Try harder .

Back