Is Anyone Still Sold on Zabit?

To be fair Ortega wasn't starching those guys either. Cub especially had a lot of success against him before getting subbed. I hope he fights Yair next in a 5 round fight. The winner fights Max for a title shot.

He finished all 3 of those gents. Maybe he didn't win every second of those fights but, he won in a convincing fashion.

Either way when he fought Max there was no doubt he was 2nd best FW behind Max at the time. That makes him elite. But the point is, even being elite doesn't guarantee a title.

With Zabit, I think he's insanely skilled, But Max, Ortega, And Volk are unreal. Might be the best top 3 of any division.

LOL @ this forum

I think people wouldnt have a problem w zabit if he got his ass kicked all 3 rds but pul out a late ko,and didnt gas.

Which is stupid lol

Disagree that Zabit was losing the third round against Kattar “badly”. He definitely lost, that’s no question but people act like it was a 10-8 when in reality that round was rather competitive. For reference Zabit landed more strikes in round three than Kattar did in rounds 1 and 2 and was the more accurate striker the entire fight.

Look, I never thought it was a 10-8, but I did think it was a clear round for Kattar.

The real problem is how would he have fared if there were two more rounds of that? It's a question that Zabit is going to have to answer eventually.

I feel like we've been talking about this dude for a decade.

The eternal contender. Any day now he's going to fix his cardio and fight for the title.

I think it's time. Throw that man in the fire let's see what's up.

Mate, some of us make a living by doing exactly this lol. It isn't useless at all.

As for Zabit. I'm not sold. He's fine, but his cardio is too much of a problem, and it isn't improving.

It's not a good look when guys like Kyle Bochniak has you stuck against the cage at the end of the fight and you're just trying to survive. Another round and a 8-5 fighter would have finished him most likely.

Kattar is another example. Zabit won the first two and was then losing the third badly. Not good when you get a takedown with the whole intention to just hold on for dear life.

People go on like Zabit looks incredible, but I'm not seeing it. He did great against Stephens, but is Stephens really that great himself? I see his knee bar finish of Brandon Davis wowed at a lot, but come on, Davis has a record of 10-8. He just isn't good. Zabit isn't pulling that shit off against the top 5.
In no version of reality was Bochbiak ever getting a W in that fight, let alone a finish lol. Zabit decided to trade with him for the fans because he knew he was comfortably up on the cards and Bochbiak is a wildman who would obviously oblige.

Is this "Zabit has no cardio" meme literally all based on one fight that he decisively won?

He’s an amazing talent but yeah cardio is an issue for him and until he shows improvement there, I don’t think he can realistically hang with the likes of Volk and Ortega.

In no version of reality was Bochbiak ever getting a W in that fight, let alone a finish lol. Zabit decided to trade with him for the fans because he knew he was comfortably up on the cards and Bochbiak is a wildman who would obviously oblige.

I didn't say he was going to get a win. He was clearly up 2 rounds already, and he'd won most of that third anyway.

He looked up at the clock multiple times and was clearly gassed though. If you want to believe he was suddenly getting landed on by a guy that couldn't really do shit to him up until that point, then go ahead. And if he backing up and winging punches trying to put on a show then his fight I.Q there might have been more of a worry than his cardio.

I didn't say he was going to get a win. He was clearly up 2 rounds already, and he'd won most of that third anyway.

He looked up at the clock multiple times and was clearly gassed though. If you want to believe he was suddenly getting landed on by a guy that couldn't really do shit to him up until that point, then go ahead. And if he backing up and winging punches trying to put on a show then his fight I.Q there might have been more of a worry than his cardio.
Even in a 5 round fight Zabit beats Bochniak 100/100 times, and I'd bet real money on that. Zabit was never, I'll repeat, never in any danger there, and never would be, hence "putting on a show". He was tired, yeah, but if there were another two rounds and he become seriously fatigued at any point he'd of just taken Kyle down and controlled him. Two different levels of fighter. That's all.

I just rewatched the Zabit Kattar fight and it kinda showed that he's not what people thought he was. Even in the rounds he won, rounds 1 and 2, it's wasn't a landslide. He pretty much just won those rounds with volume but it wasn't all that dominant. I really don't see him winning in a 5 round title fight with Volkanowski. I'd give Ortega a better chance against Volk than Zabit at this point but I guess we'll have to see how his next fight is. Hopefully the UFC will give him a main event so he can prove 5 rounds aren't an issue for him.
I think you're underestimating how good Katter is in your assessment but yeah, Volk will be a tough, (but winnable), fight no doubt.

Is this "Zabit has no cardio" meme literally all based on one fight that he decisively won?
It's not.
But they are still acting like little sissies about it.
As if the guy who got clowned by zabit for 2 rds should be the winner cos he has better cardio

I'm sold as in hes a top 5 fighter in his weightclass. I can see him beating everyone but Max and Volk. Ortega vs Zabit is the fight to make imo.

It's based on him gasing out and having worse defense/output in the 3rd in every fight

Even in a 5 round fight Zabit beats Bochniak 100/100 times, and I'd bet real money on that. Zabit was never, I'll repeat, never in any danger there, and never would be, hence "putting on a show". He was tired, yeah, but if there were another two rounds and he become seriously fatigued at any point he'd of just taken Kyle down and controlled him. Two different levels of fighter. That's all.

The thing is, he tried that towards the end of the fight, and Kyle got up and was the one that started grappling him against the cage.

Kyle sucks and I'm not saying that Zabit is anywhere near his level technically, but the cardio down the stretch is definitely a problem. Then again, a 3 rounder is not a 5 rounder, and he'd likely pace himself differently, so who knows how he'd look. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

There's so many fun match ups for Zabit at FW now that he's getting up there in the rankings a bit. I just want him against any of them at this point. It feels like it's been too long since he fought.

He definitely still can be a good champion. I mean it's definitely not a lack of skills as he does get the better out of anyone when he has gas, but it's a lack of efficiency and cardio, and maybe he can't properly make this cut as well as time goes on. He is still just one fight away from getting a titleshot, and seems intelligent and capable enough to adjust. He has had 2-3 outings were he looked vulnerable, but you just still can't take away that he dominated/won those rounds up until the last round usually, and all the other outings he had where was worldclass.

LOL @ this forum

I think people wouldnt have a problem w zabit if he got his ass kicked all 3 rds but pul out a late ko,and didnt gas.

Which is stupid lol
That means that he has a great durability, great cardio and a great heart, with a crazy ability to make a finish while being punished.
=champ material

Look, I never thought it was a 10-8, but I did think it was a clear round for Kattar.

The real problem is how would he have fared if there were two more rounds of that? It's a question that Zabit is going to have to answer eventually.
So it was a clear 2-1 win for Zabit against a top 5 (top 6) Kattar. Why do people act like Zabit should highlight finish everybody to belong to the top?

The momentum was shifting and Kattar was having more success in the third, but too little too late. That’s on Kattar for not pushing it earlier, yea?

And mate, if I sign to fight a three rounder I won’t care about what would happen if it was a five rounder. I’m preparing to fight for total maximum of 15 minutes and leave it all in there. I think that’s a bs reason to look down on Zabit.

Not attacking you in any way, I just disagree with some opinions here.

I feel like Zabit’s so called ”cardio issues” are being blown up like Barboza’s shit pressure handling / takedown defense. ”Just walk him down and put pressure on him, he can’t do anything” & ”just take him down bro, he’s just a kickboxer and he can’t kick if he’s on his back”... Just because he lost against Kevin Lee and Khabib?

<WhatItIs>

I am
I think he has the potential to be champion. doesn't mean he will for sure, but he's good enough
he did have cardio issues but I think he'll solve that when he'll have a 5 round fight

That means that he has a great durability, great cardio and a great heart, with a crazy ability to make a finish while being punished.
=champ material
Not losing = champ material

It's based on him gasing out and having worse defense/output in the 3rd in every fight
i only ever hear people mention the Kattar fight, and besides, maybe that's his strategy anyway. Get ahead in the first two and take the last round off. It's not unheard of.

Back