• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is ANYONE picking Whitaker FTW?

The first fight is fresh in my head he tried to be measured in that fight and got his lead leg destroyed by the end of the first Rd. Izzy cracked him in the calf from both sides at least a dozen times. She he got tired of the kicks, he got frustrated and started lunging. He was hitting Izzy but they didn't have that sting in the strikes . He hit him flush a couple times but got countered nearly every time .
7 inches of reach is very hard to overcome Stihl a dude who is fast like a snake and a diverse, talented striker .
If knuckles loses in a bad way, I could see him taking time off or retiring

He's had nearly three years to focus on checking kicks. That would be a good start. Most of Jan's success was because he shut that aspect of Izzy's game down.

Rob will have to be at his very best, but I definitely think he has the skills to win and I will always root for Robert.

Booby fought stupid last time.
He's a new man now. He'll fight smart and outpoint izzy.

why because he's shorter? i can't believe it's 2022 and that's still a thing. have you ever seen Mike Zambidis? Andy Hug? Whittaker can't kickbox with Adesanya because he's not a defensively sound striker, it has nothing to do with is body.
I think it has more to do with him pushing his strikes instead of snapping. His jab is a liability in this fight.

The first fight is fresh in my head he tried to be measured in that fight and got his lead leg destroyed by the end of the first Rd. Izzy cracked him in the calf from both sides at least a dozen times. She he got tired of the kicks, he got frustrated and started lunging. He was hitting Izzy but they didn't have that sting in the strikes . He hit him flush a couple times but got countered nearly every time .
7 inches of reach is very hard to overcome Stihl a dude who is fast like a snake and a diverse, talented striker .
If knuckles loses in a bad way, I could see him taking time off or retiring
He did well tonight but could've done a lot better. He needed more than 4 months with his new boxing coach. He never followed up and just 2-3 jabs over and over again. He got take downs but could've done more with them if he jumped on his back every time he had his back. He needed to hook the legs or figure four his legs when he gets the back. He ended up slipping off when he could've backpacked Adesanya because his legs were loose.

Overall, a better showing than his first fight. He just needed to do more if he wanted to win. A strategy more focused on trying to get a finish either with striking, ground and pound, or submission. Judges tend to lean towards the current champion in close fights so hoping for a judge's decision isn't always the best strategy going into championship fights.

Either way he made the fight competitive and did better than his first fight. It was a lot closer fight this time around.

Back