• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is ANYONE picking Whitaker FTW?

Vampire life

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not and neither is 95% of Sherdog staff. I rewatched the first fight last night . He got tagged every time he lunged in and with a 7 inch reach disadvantage , I don't see any path to victory for him . Izzy just sit on the outside and kickbox him into Bolivian again.
Anyone picking Whitaker?

Might have to fight a perfect fight to get the W but I'll always back the Reaper in.

I'm not and neither is 95% of Sherdog staff. I rewatched the first fight last night . He got tagged every time he lunged in and with a 7 inch reach disadvantage , I don't see any path to victory for him . Izzy just sit on the outside and kickbox him into Bolivian again.
Anyone picking Whitaker?
I have a feeling he is going to do better this fight. Adesanya is still the favorite, but I think Whittaker is going to surprise people even if he doesn't end up winning. If he catches Adesanya slippin' tonight he may be able to find a way to finish him. I think he'll come in more measured this time around with better boxing combinations and entries and will try and mix in the wrestling/takedowns.

Robert would need to fight a perfect fight mixing in TD to get the win IMO

the formula is sort of there @ the Jan fight

I’m rooting for Bobby Knuckles to win

I want him to use more Jiu-Jitsu and try for a submission.

Last edited:
Bobby Knuckles all day. Israel bout to crack a nail and take an LOA.

ElegantWelloffGrub-max-1mb.gif

Whittaker literally fought his worst in that fight, was like Conor in 2nd Poirer fight. same combo over and over. plus he was too eager to exchange. this time should be different

He isn't going to win without wrestling. It just depends how successfully he can time his shots and how worried he can make Izzy about it.

In the 1st fight he just tried to kickbox Izzy even though you wouldn't see any high level kickboxer in Glory with Whittaker's body type. He has the build of a well rounded athlete so he needs to be well rounded.

I pick on Whitaker to lose less horribly than before.
But I want him to win for sure.

Back