Social Is Anyone Else a Massive Tab Hoarder?

Daverisimo

Sell all you have, give it to the kittens
@Brown
Reaction score
So, I've come to realize that I'm a huge tab hoarder. While I've mostly avoided this impulse in real life, on the internet I'm terrible in this respect. I have 59 open tabs right now, and that's after cleaning up and deleting at least 20 tabs on my browser. It's distressing. In the pre-internet days, I'm pretty sure I would've been that person who has piles of books and newspapers strewn about haphazardly in my home to such an extent that I could hardly walk. And I probably would've had at least a dozen cats, traipsing about over the piles of books and newspapers.

So, I've come to realize that I'm a huge tab hoarder. While I've mostly avoided this impulse in real life, on the internet I'm terrible in this respect. I have 59 open tabs right now, and that's after cleaning up and deleting at least 20 tabs on my browser. It's distressing. In the pre-internet days, I'm pretty sure I would've been that person who has piles of books and newspapers strewn about haphazardly in my home to such an extent that I could hardly walk. And I probably would've had at least a dozen cats, traipsing about over the piles of books and newspapers.
I'm right there with you Sherbro. It's a problem. But you never know when you need to go back to a tab you opened 7 months ago and read more about the Fast Fourier Transform

Screenshot_20240515-153124_Chrome.jpg

I just counted my open tabs in my Browser (it's Brave).

I have 44 open right now. One of my RAM modules is fried so my computer cannot access all it's RAM so I have to keep an eye on RAM usage and act accordingly or else crashes happen.

But yes..... i'm always opening links in new tabs to "look at that later today"...... :oops:

Yes, yes I am.

300+ on phone and 5 on laptop
300+ open tabs on your phone. Seriously?!?!

Christ. you must have a phone with a F*CKTON of RAM to do that.
My laptop has 24Gb RAM (although one DDR3 RAM chip is FUBAR) and it starts giving me memory-low messages if I run 60 or 70 tabs in a browser plus a few other applications. no phone AFAIK has 24GB RAM. Even high end US$1500 phones I think prob max out at 16Gb of RAM but I don't really keep track of that stuff.

I buy a new phone only when my last one ceases working or the screen cracks via an accident or whatever. I will never be a slave to "gotta have the latest thing". It's a fucking phone. Call people, message people, check a few websites, keep notes and lists of things, blah blah. anything more than that I use a 17inch laptop with a full keyboard and big screen. Phones are small and a bit annoygin frankly. I have had 2 tablets inclsing an 8.4in top-end Samsung (US$450) but the batteries do not last and manufacturers refuse to keep the battery production going for specific models (Samsung you fucktards!).

I have owned cellphones since 1995 (29years ago) and I have lost ONE phone in 29years. But a few have got damaged simply by hitting the floor (the protective cases literally disintegrated on them after 2 or 3 years for no particular reason).

300+ open tabs on your phone. Seriously?!?!

Christ. you must have a phone with a F*CKTON of RAM to do that.
My laptop has 24Gb RAM (although one DDR3 RAM chip is FUBAR) and it starts giving me memory-low messages if I run 60 or 70 tabs in a browser plus a few other applications. no phone AFAIK has 24GB RAM. Even high end US$1500 phones I think prob max out at 16Gb of RAM but I don't really keep track of that stuff.

I buy a new phone only when my last one ceases working or the screen cracks via an accident or whatever. I will never be a slave to "gotta have the latest thing". It's a fucking phone. Call people, message people, check a few websites, keep notes and lists of things, blah blah. anything more than that I use a 17inch laptop with a full keyboard and big screen. Phones are small and a bit annoygin frankly. I have had 2 tablets inclsing an 8.4in top-end Samsung (US$450) but the batteries do not last and manufacturers refuse to keep the battery production going for specific models (Samsung you fucktards!).

I have owned cellphones since 1995 (29years ago) and I have lost ONE phone in 29years. But a few have got damaged simply by hitting the floor (the protective cases literally disintegrated on them after 2 or 3 years for no particular reason).
Phones are coming out with 12gb or 16gm DDR5 ram nowadays. It's pretty crazy.

I'm right there with you Sherbro. It's a problem. But you never know when you need to go back to a tab you opened 7 months ago and read more about the Fast Fourier Transform

View attachment 1043861

Ffs man, do you ever check your fuckin notifications? Lol.

I never have more than one tab open at a time, im not even sure I could open that many lol

For my PC I usually have just three open. First one always for Sherdog the second one for Miscellaneous searches and the third one for You Tube. That's pretty much what i do everytime i start up my computer. On fight nights i have six or seven open again first one for Sherdog Second one for Tapology and for some reason i like my stream to be on the furthest tab to the right and just before that i have another Sherdog tab open to keep track of alerts so i don't have to keep switching out of the PBP in the first one. Then a few random ones in the middle if i need back up streams one of those wll also likely be You Tube. That's just how i do!

Last edited:
Two tabs.

One for email and one to discuss with other 6'8", 285 lbs men about our 535 lbs bench press, banging 10s, and who would win between six cobras, two jaguars and a hippo vs one rhino, a parrot, and a game pit.

Back