Is always good to know, no matter the situation, there is always a way out

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MadSquabbles500, Dec 19, 2012.

1. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

http://news.yahoo.com/2-inmates-fled-chicago-high-rise-jail-using-080458705.html

Two inmates broke out of a chicago prison cell twenty stories above ground. Eventhough I know nothing about these two prisoners, I cannot help but feel a bit happy when someone breaks out of whatever is holding them back. It just lets you know that anyone, no matter how down and out they are, can find a way.

Still, I hope they catch them. Funniest part is Chris Nolan's Brother Matthew is sitting in there, and also tried to escape but failed.

2. leatherneck

leatherneck if not 4 disappointments, id have no appointments

love it,

agreed.

3. Flash_Monsta

Flash_Monsta Black Belt

Well they're in prison for a reason. So why are you guys happy that they escaped?

4. Linkuei

Linkuei Mayor of Bootyville

You're happy that two escape prisoners found a way to escape?

5. Big Sissy

Big Sissy Banned Banned

by "a way out" i assume you mean a temporary delay in them being moved to a supermax and sentenced to 100 years each

6. El Chimpo

El Chimpo Cruel Man Platinum Member

two bank robbers?...at least its not murderers....and lol at one of the dudes thinking hes above US law ...retards

7. J Storm**

J Storm** Banned Banned

[​IMG]

a beautiful tale of racial harmony. we CAN all get along. Ebony and Ivory...

8. whatteheff

whatteheff Green Belt

More like 5. Escape is either a class A misdemeanor (which it won't be in this case) or a Class D (most likely) or C felony (much less likely, unless they hurt someone). So they're going to get an extra 1-5. If someone's in there for life, who gives a shit.

I mean, what are they going to do, lock you up... for life? F'duh. But hey. Keep on knowing fuck all about the justice system you live beneath.

9. Flash_Monsta

Flash_Monsta Black Belt

I'm pretty sure he wasnt being serious.

10. Y2Khaos

Y2Khaos Brown Belt

20 stories is a long climb especially on a "makeshift" rope if any guard had seen them they might have been target practice.

11. Big Sissy

Big Sissy Banned Banned

This is a quote from the article

The men, who have yet to be sentenced, are facing hefty prison terms

I didn't say they were getting 100 years for escape. Too bad you don't know fuck all about reading. They haven't been sentenced yet. They were going to prison for a long time and now it will be even longer. This thread is about always having a way out. I don't see this story as getting out of anything. I'm betting they will be captured robbing someone or something shortly and be right back in a supermax prison for a lot longer than 1 to 5. So what was your point again besides being annoying and not knowing what you're talking about?

12. fatmatic

fatmatic Orange Belt

you avatar...where!?!

13. IronShogun.

IronShogun. Brown Belt

As messed up as they are I hope they make it to Mexico. At least they weren't psyco/murderer/rapist types.

14. El Chimpo

El Chimpo Cruel Man Platinum Member

they wont even make it out of chicago imo

15. Phreaxer

Phreaxer Black Belt

16. TriangleMan

TriangleMan Purple Belt

What the fuck, using prisoners as an example? You've obviously never been a victim of crime.

17. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

It is not so much two badguys broke out of the system, but the accomplishment by two individuals working together, and with nothing but their wits bested a much bigger more powerful system designed to oppress them.

Now whether they deserved to be oppressed, I leave that up to someone else. But it does not matter within context of what I am saying. We can all take something from this, and be inspired by it. They were hanging 20 stories above ground, every movement/action closely monitored, and controlled, no tools, nothing, nada, zilch, absolutely zero hope and yet they manage to break their confines, and beat their captors.

It is a true testament to Human Will, ingenuity, courage, fortitude, determination, teamwork, etc.

18. uncookedpork**

uncookedpork** Green Belt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Lee_McNair
    Hours after his escape from Pollock, McNair was stopped while jogging on a railroad track near Ball, Louisiana by police officer Carl Bordelon. The location of where he was stopped is 31.409,-92.417. Despite having no identification and giving two different names, McNair successfully convinced Bordelon that he was jogging and in town to help on a post-Katrina roofing project. This incident was captured on a video camera mounted in Bordelon's patrol car. McNair proceeded to give Officer Bordelon the alias of Robert Jones. When asked again five minutes later, he gave a different alias, Jimmy Jones. Bordelon did not pick up on this. McNair laughed and joked with the officer, and even as the officer got a matching description of the inmate, McNair appeared collected and calm. Within 10 minutes McNair was back to 'jogging'.[5]

Several factors made it easier for McNair to escape arrest: the photo provided to police was very low-quality and six months old; and, the prison had told police that they were not completely sure that McNair had escaped. The extreme heat and humidity (113F/45C with 80% humidity), with the officer's black uniform and body armour, may have affected the officer's concentration.[4] Bordelon himself claimed that he let McNair escape because the physical description of McNair given to police was completely different than how McNair actually appeared. Over the ten minutes that Bordelon questioned McNair, McNair remained cool and provided completely plausible explanations, eventually convincing Bordelon that his alibi was true.[2]