Is Alvarez statement right for Mcgregor?

if RDA stands and bangs with conor i'm going to have a fucking stroke. he has so many tools he should just leg kick and spam take downs

Not just anybody can do it, but a top wrestler with cardio or BJJ guy could do it.

Mendes showed the blueprint. He just couldn't maintain it.

According to Eddie Alvarez, UFC Lightweight contender, there is very simple way to beat UFC Featherweight Champion, MecGregor but nobody seems doing it.
More http://www.mmanews.us/eddie-alvarez...doing-that-simple-way-to-beat-conor-mcgregor/

there is simplicity in all strategies. you lay a plan out on a piece of paper, step by step, like a manual, then you follow the logic of it, step by step, in you mind.

but the execution of a strategy in reality, is anything but simple. there are always unpredictable, uncontrollable variables involved.

not to mention the possibility of finding out that the strategy might be flawed, or outright wrong.

Alvarez is just proof that Pettis has a weakness far greater than Conor's.

Alvarez would get smoked by Conor, and RDA will not be able to pressure him without eating hard shots.

RDA should get it to the ground asap.
He's a great strikker, but man.. Conor looks to be on another level standing.

old story but once again,he is right of course.i thought that was common knowledge.mendes exposed that weakness and still managed to get tko'd anyways.

There's perhaps also a reason for why fighters don't do it.

I believe the reason is that it's maybe harder to do than Alvarez is making it out to be.

According to Eddie Alvarez, UFC Lightweight contender, there is very simple way to beat UFC Featherweight Champion, MecGregor but nobody seems doing it.
More http://www.mmanews.us/eddie-alvarez...doing-that-simple-way-to-beat-conor-mcgregor/

Easier said than done. Brandao and Siver both attempted takedowns and they were defended. Mendes took him down repeatedly, but McGregor got back up, and when he did he annihilated him. Poirier and Aldo didn't have time to attempt takedowns. RDA could try lying on him for five rounds, but he'll eventually get back up. He could attempt to submit him, but nobody's submitted him in over 5 years.

Not that Conor hasn't fought legitimately good competition, but who does Alverez expect to do this?

Chad was the best bet, and it worked for him in round one, maybe a fight camp Chad might have been able to pull it off for 5 rounds, but we won't know as Frankie ended his chance at a rematch.

One of the knocks on Conor was that he never faced a good enough wrestler, Siver had a good grappling base but still lived and died on his Karate skills.

RDA has the chance at exposing him, but then again he hasn't been KO'd in 8 years so he may risk standing, though from what we've seen previously RDA has great fight planning and sticking to the script, so if anyone is going to see a hole in Conor's game and exploit it to a T, not deviating from that plan, it's him.

RDA is the best opponent Mcgregor has fought. He has a great gas tank and his wrestling is on another level. He has better ground control than Mendez, and he was able to keep Mcgregor down. On paper RDA destroys Mcgregor, that's on paper though. Excellent match up It will be a close fight IMO. RDA by decision.

Last edited:
He could attempt to submit him, but nobody's submitted him in over 5 years.

Well to even attempt to submit him you have to take him down, and only one guy has done that, and he only has 2 career subs, so if a good BJJ BB can get him down we don't know what could happen.

Heck even before getting in the cage it wasn't like he was facing a great line of BJJ aces, Mendes, Aldo and Holloway have 2 subs a piece, Brimage none, Porier (the best shot) barely had time to touch gloves and Siver has pretty much been a knock silly first than apply RNC guy in his UFC days.

if RDA stands and bangs with conor i'm going to have a fucking stroke. he has so many tools he should just leg kick and spam take downs

Why? RDA said on the MMA hour he doesn't see Conor having advantage anywhere, what so you think RDA is too full of himself and his striking isn't good enough to take McGregor? I think RDA's should trust in his abilities and destroy Conor where he's strongest to prove a point, bang him out and KTFO Conor so he'll never have any excuses, best way to silence him than to play it safe and take him down and smother him 5 rounds. Have some confidence in your guy.

RDA is the best opponent Mcgregor has fought. He has a great gas tank and his wrestling is on another level. He has better ground control than Mendez, and he was able to keep Mcgregor down. On paper RDA destroys Mcgregor, that's on paper though. Excellent match up It will be a close fight IMO.

I think one of the biggest advantages, on paper, will be RDA's size. They say him an Conor are the same height (Conor looks much bigger but he does wear heels) but RDA looks about 3 feet wider than Conor.

Conor's working on his TDD like crazy I'm sure. The guy is obsessed. His camp is clever, and they know that as things progress more and more wrestlers will pop up to challenge Mcgregor. He will have to nullify them.

Easier said than done. Brandao and Siver both attempted takedowns and they were defended. Mendes took him down repeatedly, but McGregor got back up, and when he did he annihilated him. Poirier and Aldo didn't have time to attempt takedowns. RDA could try lying on him for five rounds, but he'll eventually get back up. He could attempt to submit him, but nobody's submitted him in over 5 years.

conor didn't exactly do a great job of getting back up. I think if dos anjos wants to keep him down, he's not standing up

RDA has a tactical and gameplan master Rafael Cordeiro in his corner which makes me think that he will stick to the gameplan and to the advantages he possesses over Conor. I hope that is the case anyway

Im not convinced that its going to be that easy to TD Conor. Also, not convinced its going to be easy to keep him down. Hes squirrely as hell. Im sure he's been working at it like mad for over a year now.

I think RDA's team is telling him this at this point after the Mendes and Aldo KO's. This is going to be like the Pettis-RDA fight in my opinion where RDA dominates, but Conor will win by TKO in later rounds.

I love watching the ankle biters barking at the big dogs.

Back