Is Alvarez statement right for Mcgregor?

I think RDA's team is telling him this at this point after the Mendes and Aldo KO's. This is going to be like the Pettis-RDA fight in my opinion where RDA dominates, but Conor will win by TKO in later rounds.
rda was able to take pettis down after fucking him up on the feet and that ain't gonna happen against conor

the illusion is that fighters think theyre gonna put Conor on the back foot. Conor WILL walk you down, look at every fight, RDA will NOT I repeat NOT force Conor Mcgregor backwards Conor applies the pressure in his fights and RDA will not stand and bang with this guy too long and the idea that his ground game can easily be overcome for a token sub or lay n pray victory is fucking deluded quite frankly.

50/50 fight

If he means to hold him against the cage and do literally nothing else, then fuck this guy.

Knowing and executing are two completely different things.

McGregor is taller and longer than RDA (right?). Maybe smarter. He knows RDA will try to take him down...and perhaps have a knee ready to greet RDA's jaw on way in. I think it's anyone's match really. The 170lb belt thing though...forget about it.

People watch the Mendes fight and go "See! That's how you do it!" completely ignoring three facts:

1) That is Chad Mendes who has one of the best shots P4P in the UFC
2) Chad had to get lit up in standing exchanged in order to land the take downs he did.
3) Conor still stuffed 3 of 7 attempts by Chad and had yet to be taken down by anyone else. That's 7 attempts in 2 rounds from one of the best in the sport. That's over 17 times in a 5 round fight. Few fighters have that kind of gas tank.

Yes, there seems to be a path to victory here if you take a Chad Mendes, give him better defensive striking skills and a lethal BJJ game...but there are very, very few fighters that fit that mold.

Take Alvarez, for example. Conor would have murdered him if McGregor was in there instead of Pettis. If Eddie thinks that performance he put in against Pettis is how you beat McGregor he is insane.

RDA has some parts of the puzzle to beat McGregor, IMO, most notably the BJJ if he get's him down. I don't think he has the striking defense or wrestling to round out the rest. As a Conor fan I want to see RDA get him down. I want to see McGregor grapple against a dangerous black belt. I just don't think RDA can force the fight to that position.

RDA has a good double leg to be fair to him. He times it well. We will see.

You mean other than the times he got back up right?

only reason he got up in the second round was because mendes went for that submission. he looked pretty helpless off his back except for those semi-legal elbows

Back