Is AEW worth watching?

Def wasn't tonight

6cd4f72b9bf57ac6a86a3f3a7abc3dfa.gif

Pace a TV show, how does that work. Never watch the rasslin' thinking about pacing.

All about formatting and not leaving the fans bored. There were a lot of commercial breaks and out of place vignettes. Not everybody needs TV time every week.

AEW has a ton of momentum with big signings, but their booking is crap so I doubt they'll take advantage of it properly.

The booking is definitely crap right now but the energy at the Dynamite/Rampage taping last night was ridiculous, people are just so stoked that WWE isn't the only store in town anymore.

Personally don't really like it very much, even though I'd still watch it ahead of WWE(which is just god awful at this point and it is a shock how they are more financially successful than ever). This is the reality of the depressing state of wrestling these days when these are the two choices you have. 90's kids in the MNW were spoilt.

So I found an app on my andoid TV where I can watch back shows. Been watching some while I'm on my treadmill.

For sure more enjoyable than WWE. It's not perfect but I'm liking a lot of things about it.

Some of the matches really seem forced and a little botched but theres a lot of wrestling happening. Im not sure if its me but the women really dont seem like very good wrestlers overall.

Im way behind, watching from the first show this year.

So I found an app on my andoid TV where I can watch back shows. Been watching some while I'm on my treadmill.

For sure more enjoyable than WWE. It's not perfect but I'm liking a lot of things about it.

Some of the matches really seem forced and a little botched but theres a lot of wrestling happening. Im not sure if its me but the women really dont seem like very good wrestlers overall.

Yeah, the women aren't that great at all. They get criticised for not giving them enough time on TV but when they do it's usually anywhere from bad to mediocre because the talent isn't there. Britt Baker is good on the mic but isn't great in ring, Thunder Rosa is the opposite, and Serena Deeb is probably the only one that can do both.

you're going to see some ups and downs as you go thru all that.

imo they hit a lull for a while at the beginning of this year, but by then we were deep into the no crowds allowed stuff and there just weren't many options.

but, it's picking back up. I was big on AEW at the start, for a lot of the same reasons you were hoping for in your OP. then I lost interest for a while, but here recently they've picked up a lot of steam.

Back