Is a rematch the only way Khabib loses?

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
When you reflect back on the Dustin & Conor fight, its clear that they simply weren't prepared for how Khabib would feel in the octagon. Gaethje also has this dilemma now, he can prepare all he wants it won't be enough because he doesn't know whats about to hit him.

But what if Khabib were to hang around long enough to do re-matches? One of the big question marks if Khabib retires at 30-0 will be how he would've looked in a rematch. Because i believe once you've had that octagon experience with Khabib the re-match would be more interesting for some of these guys.

Losing to khabib then doing bjj for a year isn’t going to help you with anything.

Does Conor even train anymore besides occasionally hitting the punching bag on camera?

Conor and Dustin lose 100/100 times to Khabib. Justin can possibly beat Khabib and Conor can beat Justin. This is what UFC is praying for

I’ll believe DC when he says no 155-185 lb fighter can stop him from getting the takedown. And we all know he’s sort of an MMA grappling demigod.

The thing is with Khabib is that he almost doesn’t make mistakes on the ground, and even if he did, the window of opportunity is so short fighters probably won’t be able to capitalize.

To beat Khabib, you have to knock him out when you’re still fresh. Otherwise he’ll just drain and maul you for 2 rounds, and then ur striking offense danger is gone too.

Khabib got a gift of a decision against Tibau (he should have lost that fight). A big, strong enough grappler could stymie him.

Conor without the cheating loses even quicker, he doesn't have the ground game to beat Khabib he has a punchers chance and that's it.

Losing to khabib then doing bjj for a year isn’t going to help you with anything.

Does Conor even train anymore besides occasionally hitting the punching bag on camera?
What about Dustin?

When you reflect back on the Dustin & Conor fight, its clear that they simply weren't prepared for how Khabib would feel in the octagon. Gaethje also has this dilemma now, he can prepare all he wants it won't be enough because he doesn't know whats about to hit him.

But what if Khabib were to hang around long enough to do re-matches? One of the big question marks if Khabib retires at 30-0 will be how he would've looked in a rematch. Because i believe once you've had that octagon experience with Khabib the re-match would be more interesting for some of these guys.

I think Covington would beat him at WW. And Usman. And so on.

Conor wasn't motivated and the money got into his head. Motivated Conor beats him
The Conor you describe sounds too mentally weak to win against Khabib. I feel like the better argument is he was a skill or two away from having a couple more rounds standing...

Khabib got a gift of a decision against Tibau (he should have lost that fight). A big, strong enough grappler could stymie him.
Gift is a stretch. But Khabib has improved a lot since then.

Back