• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is a blue belt in BJJ the hardest first belt to get in martial arts?

Ugh. Yeah going against the bigger guys is a pain. I actually much much prefer to roll with the higher belts when they are that big rather than a brand new guy first day in the gym. The latter just flattens me.

I dont mind bigger noobs just have to be careful for the spaz out.

This guy however was a monster, does professional wrestling (i know but it means he is strong and athletic), had a real solid real wrestling background, and had some submission grappling already (I mean he was already rolling around for knee bars and stuff). And he was a real 240 (ie no fat 6'1" tall etc).

I was giving him a hard time (meaning he could not sub me at first) and I showed a little tweak on what he was doing wrong on the knee bar during the break and next round he went for it. I still would have escaped any normal mortal (my knee was just almost past his hips and I had my other foot on his ass to push it out, but it did not move him, he just held it there) and bam, ouch. Could not tap quick enough.

Im lucky just a little sore today. :)

Back