Is 2016 the year the left officially jumped the shark?

esotamoc

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not so long ago it seemed that the 'left' were the good guys with the most humanely rational take on things while the 'right' were conservative science/ logic denying religious nutcases. While these dichotomies are false as reality doesn't take sides etc, it seems like the left's loudest voices have been taken over by emotionally immature imbeciles.

Anyway as the year draws to a close, let's celebrate the instances of when the left ' jumped the shark' and what was the defining moment.

Not so long ago it seemed that the 'left' were the good guys with the most humanely rational take on things while the 'right' were conservative science/ logic denying religious nutcases. While these dichotomies are false as reality doesn't take sides etc, it seems like the left's loudest voices have been taken over by emotionally immature imbeciles.

Anyway as the year draws to a close, let's celebrate the instances of when the left ' jumped the shark' and what was the defining moment.

I don't think we knew just how bad it really was until trigglypuff happened.

Is the right not still the science and logic denying nutcases?

Pretty sure education is something the right has been railing against thia year.

Pretty sure education is something the right has been railing against thia year.
Yes a lot right wingers probably are, but recently perceptions are changing and there are more right wing minded people embracing logic and have sense of humour, win the meme wars etc

Just 10-12 years ago high-level Dems would say they believe marriage is between a man and woman only, but that they support civil unions. Nowadays if a Dem said that, he could kiss his future aspirations goodbye.

American Liberalism has been a bubble that's been building since the Iraq War. I think it definitely popped in 2016 and it's had to be one of the greatest things I've ever witnessed.

The right just elected a complete piece of shit who is totally unfit for office but it's the left who has gone off the rails?

Get fucked, you guys trumped the shark.

Ps the Republican party, Trump in particular are children. Trump has the emotional development (and vocabulary) of a 4th grader.

Yes a lot right wingers probably are, but recently perceptions are changing and there are more right wing minded people embracing logic and have sense of humour, win the meme wars etc

...... Do you post on a different Sherdog than the one i see?

Or have a different upcoming conservative education department?

Don't bother, most of the right are ignorant pieces of trash who think Fox news educates them. They actively participate in becoming more ignorant.

The department of education is about to get gutted by a crazed, fundamentalist, billionaire who brought her way into office; they give no shits about education because it disproves thier talking points.

Please, let's not waste our times with trivial shit like the right denying the science behind climate change.

The left has jumped the shark because Anita Sarkeesian made videos analyzing sexist video game characters.

Please, let's not waste our times with trivial shit like the right denying the science behind climate change.

The left has jumped the shark because Anita Sarkeesian made videos analyzing sexist video game characters.

I was about to write a long angry post in response to this..... But i think thia is an example of poe's law.

Talking of education- safe spaces, trigger warnings, gender studies complete with pronoun police at the same time the complete contempt for the plight common working man and relative silence on the power of global capital at the expense of sovereign governments etc

Talking of education- safe spaces, trigger warnings, gender studies complete with pronoun police at the same time the complete contempt for the plight common working man and relative silence on the power of global capital at the expense of sovereign governments etc

Right, those are all great reason to oppose education. Students being oversensitive is wway worse than an uneducated population.

The left denies basic biology. You guys are the science and logic denying nutcases. And you jumped the shark this year with all the gender absurdity.

Right, those are all great reason to oppose education. Students being oversensitive is wway worse than an uneducated population.
Being right wing doesn't mean you oppose science or education. Being extremely religious might.

Being right wing doesn't mean you oppose science or education. Being extremely religious might.

Right wing policy is predicated on supply side economics, which in and of itself opposes both empirical evidence and economic theroy.

Climate change denial opposes science.

Etc etc.

They jumped it around 2014. 2016 was just the year that people could finally do something about it.

The left is done. You can tell with quotes like this LOL!!:

If the tables were turned, you'd call Obama a pussy, cuck, traitor, etc. I can only imagine what you'd call him if he sided with a foreign leader against a sitting president. Carry on, patriots.
Putin knows he just has to wait for his cuck to take office.

98ae4a2a28aa1250f740cbc3e538d940.jpg

This cuckery behaviour from the alt right sickens me.

Yeah, I'm sure he forced every single one of them because he's a strong POTUS and not a weak cuck like some on the right claim him to be. He's so strong he even forced some independent entities and RNC members to join his call.

Liberal chickenhawk John McCain has said we newd to take stronger sanctions againat russia for this.

He just loves obama though. Clearly.

I agree Putin is the winner in all of this and playing us all for fools, including your Daddy.

Sorry but Putin is not a genus for this. He is playing the only move he really has. Kicking out US diplomats does nothing really and any other moves would just provoke further sanctions and efforts against his government and others around him. With that and the fact that Trump is going to be President soon this was clearly his best and really only move.

Putin is smart enough to know he can't win a war, so he can only go so far.

You hated Bernie and then you became a Bernie cuckster. You shilled for Hillary during the run up to the election and then you immediately distanced yourself from your position. You're full of shit. You exposed your own fetish with BBC. Then you rock a yarmulke and you're not even Jewish. You're basically this guy.

852full-snatch-screenshot.jpg

THEY'RE COMING UNHINGED!!!!!

029.jpg

Obama's Secretary of Education: Harvard and Columbia educated, Doctor of Education, JD from Yale, Truman Scholar, and James Madison Memorial Fellow

Trump's Secretary of Education: Charter school lobbyist, gutted Detroit public schools, no tangible results in schooling quality despite changeover to charter schools, Bachelor of Political Science

Mmhmm riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Back