Crime IRS’s Most Wanted - The Middle Class is Targeted by Joe Biden and the Democratic Party

Joe Biden and the Democrats straight up lied. Why? Because the Middle Class does not vote for them, so they get attacked.
But there was no lie (other than yours). Also, WTF? The middle class doesn't vote for "Joe Biden and the Democrats"?

^^^^ 100%

Joe Biden's IRS is targeting the Middle Class and ignoring the Wealthy at greater rates. They are doing exactly the opposite of what he and the Democrats claimed. Yet, we have the Left Cult in here trying to carry their water and defend the Democrats. They'll believe any lie they are told.
Neither Democrats or Republicans deserve anyone's loyalty and defense.

This thread is basically an aptitude test.
Innit, though? LOL

The top earners get audited a third of the time while the entire rest of the population is audited the other two thirds. But what proportion of the population do these two groups represent put of the total, hm?

<36>

Joe Biden and the Democrats straight up lied. Why? Because the Middle Class does not vote for them, so they get attacked.
If you go back several pages (and have an interest in the truth...something I don't assume to be true), I provided the explanation and the links for why the OP is untrue. Short version -- the data in the OP is from before the IRS implemented its shift in strategy and the new data won't be available until later in this calendar year.

Innit, though? LOL

The top earners get audited a third of the time while the entire rest of the population is audited the other two thirds. But what proportion of the population do these two groups represent put of the total, hm?
And given that it's just a simple matter of logic, it's funny that people are getting so emotional about being corrected.

Since this thread was resurrected:

The OP unfortunately misrepresents what's happening here. I'll assume because the OP doesn't really understand what was written.

1. By last December the IRS decided that it wouldn't begin tracking its progress until later this year. That's because the agency has been slow to shift its focus to high-income taxpayers, who make up a small share of total filings.
    1. This means that the IRS knew last year that it would take time to shift to the $400k filings and that we should wait until later in 2024. <---- That's important.
  2. As of last summer, 63% of new audits targeted taxpayers with income of less than $200,000.
    1. Note the date. Last summer would be the summer of 2023.
    2. In December of 2023, the IRS said they wouldn't have good data until later in 2024...which has not occurred yet.

So, the summer 2023 data does not reflect what the IRS is actually accomplishing because the IRS said it would take time to shift their focus. It's like someone saying your house will be built in 2025 and you start bitching because it's not done in 2024. :(

I hope people are reading these things in great detail before they start throwing partisan bullshit around and they just don't understand what they've read as opposed to intentionally misrepresenting the information.

If you go back several pages (and have an interest in the truth...something I don't assume to be true), I provided the explanation and the links for why the OP is untrue. Short version -- the data in the OP is from before the IRS implemented its shift in strategy and the new data won't be available until later in this calendar year.
More than that, the directive is that the audit levels for individuals making less than $400K will be unchanged from the range of the last few years. That doesn't mean that most audits won't be of people below that amount because overwhelmingly most Americans fall into that range.

Since this thread was resurrected:

The OP unfortunately misrepresents what's happening here. I'll assume because the OP doesn't really understand what was written.

1. By last December the IRS decided that it wouldn't begin tracking its progress until later this year. That's because the agency has been slow to shift its focus to high-income taxpayers, who make up a small share of total filings.
    1. This means that the IRS knew last year that it would take time to shift to the $400k filings and that we should wait until later in 2024. <---- That's important.
  2. As of last summer, 63% of new audits targeted taxpayers with income of less than $200,000.
    1. Note the date. Last summer would be the summer of 2023.
    2. In December of 2023, the IRS said they wouldn't have good data until later in 2024...which has not occurred yet.

So, the summer 2023 data does not reflect what the IRS is actually accomplishing because the IRS said it would take time to shift their focus. It's like someone saying your house will be built in 2025 and you start bitching because it's not done in 2024. :(

I hope people are reading these things in great detail before they start throwing partisan bullshit around and they just don't understand what they've read as opposed to intentionally misrepresenting the information.

How much 'later in 2024?' I'm guessing after the election.

Back