• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Iron neck, has this improved anyone’s bjj ? Or helped injuries?

Deltafarce

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Seems like all my bjj friends have neck issues. Is this good option ?

All the gyms are closed so can you use it without having gym machines ?

I am 6'2 225lbs, early 30s. I play a lot of inverted guards, and have trained BJJ for over a decade. I have never had a neck issue in BJJ in my life.

I can say with 99.9% certainty it won’t make you any better at bjj but I’m sure it couldn’t hurt with injury prevention. Like the above poster though I’ve grappled for over a decade and no neck issues other than maybe a stiff neck the next day if I’m caught in a guillotine too long.

if you can afford one go for it.

I used to have some neck issues from wrestling. Didn't use the iron neck but the older traditional version and some strenght training for the neck. Didn't have any issues after that.

Just saw this video. Looks like the device can be used on a door. The video creator said he will make more videos about the iron neck. If you have neck pain already just make sure you do exercises that are safe for you and don't make things worse.

I bought one a little over a year ago - the Pro Model - being Canadian it was a huge investment and shoot in the dark on a product that was mostly a fringe niche - mostly mma and bjj guys testimonials.

Despite, when all was said and done, a 700$ or so hit to the account was one of the best investments I have made. Years of back and neck issues slowly but surely faded.

If you can get it do so - it is a huge investment - but worth it. Also, if you go to the website they have clearance items that were demos or have minor cosmetic faults but are workable (their words) that are discounted. The basic model would be fine. If you do buy it and go with the pro DO NOT use the horizontal dial for rotational resistance right away - go through the whole program that they have (one week at each stage without the horizontal resistance).

It is also great if you're working at a computer all day long (or if you're addicted to your phone and looking down constantly).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back