Social Iranian father cuts his 14 year old daughter's head off in so-called honor killing

The issue is that the people aren't bad but the religion is. And when you point this out, Muslims and Islam apologists get mad and call you Islamophobic. Muslims do not want to admit that their religion does condone and encourage genocidal behavior. Would it be ok for Whites to call everyone "anti White racist" and throw a tantrum everytime someone criticized racism and Christianity.
I'm sick of debating this. You could say the same about Christian teachings inciting people to stone gays etc. Don't insult the good Muslims for what the bad Muslims do that's all I'm saying.

I'm sick of debating this. You could say the same about Christian teachings inciting people to stone gays etc. Don't insult the good Muslims for what the bad Muslims do that's all I'm saying.
I did not insult the good Muslims so that is a strawman argument. Infact I specifically stated in this very thread that people should not conflate the religion Islam with Muslims and Muslims per see are not bad. What I said , and linked with the article in The Atlantic, is that one can not claim bad Muslims are twisting the religion and it the good Muslims are ones following the religious teaching.

I did not insult the good Muslims so that is a strawman argument. Infact I specifically stated in this very thread that people should not conflate the religion Islam with Muslims and Muslims per see are not bad. What I said , and linked with the article in The Atlantic, is that one can not claim bad Muslims are twisting the religion and it the good Muslims are ones following the religious teaching.
Saying Islam is violent is insulting them though. If what you said is true then one can not claim that good Christians are following the religious teachings. Works both ways. It makes you seem xenophobic when you put all Muslims in the same boat, you understand what I'm saying? Don't insult the good people by saying Islam is violent because that's calling all the nice Muslim people in the world violent and they are against violence. Say whatever you want about Muslim fanatics and I will agree with you.

Saying Islam is violent is insulting them though. If what you said is true then one can not claim that good Christians are following the religious teachings. Works both ways. It makes you seem xenophobic when you put all Muslims in the same boat, you understand what I'm saying? Don't insult the good people by saying Islam is violent because that's calling all the nice Muslim people in the world violent and they are against violence. Say whatever you want about Muslim fanatics and I will agree with you.

No, saying Islam as an ideology is violent is a fact. You are trying to spin this by trying to rephrase the argument as an attack on Muslims rather than the religion.

I did not say all Muslims were violent, I said the militant ones who use their holy book as justification are following their religon and are NOT , as liberal and Muslims apologists claim, twisting the religion.

Why should Islam be immune from criticism ? Why should Islam and powerfull religons get such deferential treatment ?

Would you be fine with saying that anyone who criticism Colonialism, Nazism , Chinese Communism, Israeli oppression of Palestinians are Anti White racist, Anti Germanic, Anti Han, Anti Semitic ?
Islam is man made and a socio-political ideology. If we can criticise other ideologies then we can criticise Islam.

Show me a place in the world right now where Christians stoning gays is happening at the moment, please.

Show me a place in the world right now where Christians stoning gays is happening at the moment, please.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...74de6e-fff0-11e9-8501-2a7123a38c58_story.html

Both Christian and Islamic texts have violent texts. Most Christians and Muslims don't follow these texts exactly as they are written. Some countries do have strict Sharia Law as it is written in the texts. But for all the Muslims who don't they are still Islamic. There are different branches of Christianity and Islam. That's why we call the terrorists Muslim fanatics, they're not the same as the Muslim who doesn't agree with violence. Saying Islam is the reason for violence in the world would be a xenophobic statement to make because a lot of Muslim people disagree with violence so obviously there are other factors that make people violent. I just don't think it does anything positive to put all Muslims in the same lot by generally blaming Islam. I blame the strict Islamic culture in Iran (and other countries) that makes this type of behaviour even fathomable, but not Islam in general because that's blaming Muslims who disagree with it which doesn't make sense. That's as best as I can explain my opinion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...74de6e-fff0-11e9-8501-2a7123a38c58_story.html

Both Christian and Islamic texts have violent texts. Most Christians and Muslims don't follow these texts exactly as they are written. Some countries do have strict Sharia Law as it is written in the texts. But for all the Muslims who don't they are still Islamic. There are different branches of Christianity and Islam. That's why we call the terrorists Muslim fanatics, they're not the same as the Muslim who doesn't agree with violence. Saying Islam is the reason for violence in the world would be a xenophobic statement to make because a lot of Muslim people disagree with violence so obviously there are other factors that make people violent. I just don't think it does anything positive to put all Muslims in the same lot by generally blaming Islam. I blame the strict Islamic culture in Iran (and other countries) that makes this type of behaviour even fathomable, but not Islam in general because that's blaming Muslims who disagree with it which doesn't make sense. That's as best as I can explain my opinion.
That's one of the incredibly rare places where there are drug dealers moonlighting as Christian terrorists, but it's not an example satisfying his challenge.

That's one of the incredibly rare places where there are drug dealers moonlighting as Christian terrorists, but it's not an example satisfying his challenge.
Ya I actually wasn't expecting to actually find anything when I searched lol. My point and all I'm saying is it's not right to say ''Islam is bad'' or ''Islam is violent'' because there are tons of Muslim people who disagree with violence. Religion in general causes so much violence but some people are better people because of religion. I just think people should give respect to the Muslims who don't agree with violence. It's not good to fuel the stigma and create more barriers between us as people.

. My point and all I'm saying is it's not right to say ''Islam is bad'' or ''Islam is violent'' because there are tons of Muslim people who disagree with violence.
It's entirely accurate to say this. It's like saying that America has a gun violence problem.

Do the majority of people commit crimes with guns? Absolutely not. The majority of Americans don't even own a gun. Yet it's about proportion relative to cultural means. Islam is a scourge. It's an acutely violent, savage religion populated by an overwhelmingly disproportionate number of violent, savage people, and primitive laws.

It's entirely accurate to say this. It's like saying that America has a gun violence problem.

Do the majority of people commit crimes with guns? Absolutely not. The majority of Americans don't even own a gun. Yet it's about proportion relative to cultural means. Islam is a scourge. It's an acutely violent, savage religion populated by an overwhelmingly disproportionate number of violent, savage people, and primitive laws.
There is a problem with violent Islam but you can't say Islam is violent when there are thousands of mosques around that preach to people to not be violent. It's more like saying ''guns are bad''. Guns aren't bad, they're useful to a lot of people but lots of people use them for bad too. With statements like that you're putting all the lovely Muslim people in the same lot as the barbaric ones and that's just silly.

Muslim societies tend to be underdeveloped, patriarchal, low trust, and communally organized along ties of kinship

But this has been and is true of Muslim (Indonesia, Malaysia) and non-Muslim East Asian cultures yet you don't see this culture of honor killings and FGM and so on

Last edited:
But this has been and is true of Muslim (Indonesia, Malaysia) and non-Muslim East Asian cultures yet you don't see this culture of honor killings and FGM and so on

https://www.benarnews.org/english/news/indonesian/girl-killed-05132020164240.html

"Child protection and women’s rights activists in Indonesia on Wednesday condemned the gruesome murder of a 16-year-old girl, who was allegedly slain by her brothers in what is being described as a case of honor killing."

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-asia-...-family-highlights-caste-divisions-in-church/

This one happened to Christian families in India and it looks like they didn't kill the daughter, they killed the groom who belonged to a lower caste.

https://www.benarnews.org/english/news/indonesian/girl-killed-05132020164240.html

"Child protection and women’s rights activists in Indonesia on Wednesday condemned the gruesome murder of a 16-year-old girl, who was allegedly slain by her brothers in what is being described as a case of honor killing."

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-asia-...-family-highlights-caste-divisions-in-church/

This one happened to Christian families in India and it looks like they didn't kill the daughter, they killed the groom who belonged to a lower caste.

If you see one of my earlier posts I mentioned about Indonesia becoming increasingly radical in the past 10 years or so, regardless I don't think this is widespread there like other places. India hey at least they didn't kill the daughter they went after the man. As I said I believe this is at its root about culture but there's no doubt religion is interpreted to justify it. By the way you mention caste as motivation which is not a Christian concept so not sure how you're trying to link that as the motivation.

If you see one of my earlier posts I mentioned about Indonesia becoming increasingly radical in the past 10 years or so, regardless I don't think this is widespread there like other places. India hey at least they didn't kill the daughter they went after the man. As I said I believe this is at its root about culture but there's no doubt religion is interpreted to justify it. By the way you mention caste as motivation which is not a Christian concept so not sure how you're trying to link that as the motivation.

I think I may have misunderstood your post, I believe honor killings are mostly tribal/clan culture as well. Were you wondering why honor killings weren't prevalent in other areas like East Asia as they have honor/shame societies as well?

Correct me if I'm wrong but this stuff is happening not in secular countries where majority of the population are Muslims (like Kazakhstan or Kosovo) but in countries where there is Sharia law. And I might be wrong but isn't only Christian country like that is Vatican (not a country with Sharia but country with something like official religion/non-secular country)?

Back