Invite Etiquette Question

Take the fight to him. Bring your girl friend, her kid and his friend. Then make your girlfriend take heaps of food home for later consumption.

This is the proper response to a mass e-vite.

If you don't get a copy of his or her birth certificate and a well written invitation that includes your full birth name, your social security number, a route description, opening and closing time, a 500 word essay as to what the motivation is of requiring your presence at said birthday, a list of all consumables, planned activities description with according duration times, list of other invitees, and a warning of possible animals that will be present. This all in a well sealed but easily openable envelope of acceptable grade paper. Same goes for the invitation itself, something at the minimum in the vicinity of Bone colored/textured paper with print Sillian Rail. Then you should send an appropriate declination, well according the standards I just set for the invitation, to bring across the message that you will be unable to make a presence as you will be returning some video tapes.

An immediate family member invites you to a birthday party by creating an event in Facebook. There is no other form of contact regarding the event.

Poor form or is that the new standard procedure in the social media world?

EDIT: I'm not asking for advice. It's a straightforward question about etiquette.

And if your other family doesn't have face book?

If you don't get a copy of his or her birth certificate and a well written invitation that includes your full birth name, your social security number, a route description, opening and closing time, a 500 word essay as to what the motivation is of requiring your presence at said birthday, a list of all consumables, planned activities description with according duration times, list of other invitees, and a warning of possible animals that will be present. This all in a well sealed but easily openable envelope of acceptable grade paper. Same goes for the invitation itself, something at the minimum in the vicinity of Bone colored/textured paper with print Sillian Rail. Then you should send an appropriate declination, well according the standards I just set for the invitation, to bring across the message that you will be unable to make a presence as you will be returning some video tapes.

A solid list but you ignored the method of delivery. I'd imagine some form of limousine service with the message hand-delivered by liveried woman servants who will fellate you while you compose the appropriate response. I'd suggest a rim job but there's formal and then there's over the top.

A solid list but you ignored the method of delivery. I'd imagine some form of limousine service with the message hand-delivered by liveried woman servants who will fellate you while you compose the appropriate response. I'd suggest a rim job but there's formal and then there's over the top.

Unless there is a long ass kitchen stretching from TS's front door to his family member's front door, I suggest this would be a man's job. One highly versed in all matters of combat and also fully educated as a butler, considerably armed, driving an armored Rolls Royce Phantom '39, ranking in the top of Beautifulpeople.com, well groomed, impeccably dressed and with a deep smooth voice to announce the delivery.

Neither the wife or I are on facebook. If we miss something and get called on it, I just turn it around and say how the inviter never got a hold of us and say how low they are because they forgot all about us and couldn't manage a courtesy phone call or text. Works everytime. And allows me some time up on my soapbox, which I enjoy.

Lol. Awesome

And if your other family doesn't have face book?

Or if they do but either hardly use it or don't know what they're doing.

My other thought was how many people just ignore fb invites or don't take them seriously? If everyone's saying it's the new procedure then maybe people pay more attention fb invites than I thought? I'm skeptical though.

EDIT: I'm not asking for advice. It's a straightforward question about etiquette.

My cousin in-law does the same thing when she wishes to host a family event. Its the easiest and cheapest way to go about it, yet the most impersonal.

In terms of etiquette, it can be viewed as acceptable in some circles at its lowest form. A addressed and mailed invitation or even a phone call is the highest.

Why is a facebook invite a problem?

I had my birthday party on saturday, I made it a facebook event and no one complained.

You need a written invitation in the post? What more information would you need that you didn't get in the facebook invite?

Come to think of it, my cousin didn't respond....

go to the party and steal all the lemonade

That is the only reason I have facebook. That is simply how most people I know do invites these days. And my friends aren't even what you would think of as being people really into facebook. If I didn't have facebook I would miss lots events because no one is going to call 40 people or even do email.

Back