Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
I'm more excited for season 2 of Invincible than for any Disney Plus Marvel show:cool:

I seriously can’t believe how fucking perfect the animation was. The murder scenes, the POV train, the real heavyweight fights, the inspiration behind the monsters and so on…

I am impressed with how tight it was too. And the guest spots were done brilliantly, the voice animation was spot on…every voice fit every character well; and the side stories were all very solid.

The inspirations behind everything were crystal clear, possibly because this is intended as a partial parody? Like, when their version of The Flash died, my first thought was “yep that’s how it would go if Zod got serious and fought Flash/Batman/Wonder-Woman” etc. I could almost just see the real characters rather than their counterparts, as heads got squished

Last edited:
From the comics...in spoiler in case you don't want to know:

in the comics, that is why they wanted Earth, because the human species was compatible with the Viltrumite DNA for breeding

Cool. Hopefully show writers just decided to hold onto stating it's importance for a plot point in season 2, figuring there was enough going on in season 1.

But holy shit if the show added "The only reason I had you was to see if it was possible to breed with this pathetic race" to that "I can always make another, what's 17 more years?" dialogue on the mountainside

Also, greatly appreciate this thread as a whole using the spoiler function for comic discussion. I want to avoid comic details, just this one issue nagged at me and would have decreased the show's quality if that wasn't addressed and a motivational part for Omni-man's actions.

I seriously can’t believe how fucking perfect the animation was. The murder scenes, the POV train, the real heavyweight fights, the inspiration behind the monsters and so on…

I am impressed with how tight it was too. And the guest spots were done brilliantly, the voice animation was spot on…every voice fit every character well; and the side stories were all very solid.

The inspirations behind everything were crystal clear, possibly because this is intended as a partial parody? Like, when their version of The Flash died, my first thought was “yep that’s how it would go if Zod got serious and fought Flash/Batman/Wonder-Woman” etc. I could almost just see the real characters rather than their counterparts, as heads got squished

I am totally expecting a DC lawsuit to be incoming. The fake justice league characters had a bit large a role to be just parody fair use, by a platform as large as Amazon's streaming service

The fake aquaman being an actual fish looking thing tho is hilarious.

Cool. Hopefully show writers just decided to hold onto stating it's importance for a plot point in season 2, figuring there was enough going on in season 1.

But holy shit if the show added "The only reason I had you was to see if it was possible to breed with this pathetic race" to that "I can always make another, what's 17 more years?" dialogue on the mountainside

Also, greatly appreciate this thread as a whole using the spoiler function for comic discussion. I want to avoid comic details, just this one issue nagged at me and would have decreased the show's quality if that wasn't addressed and a motivational part for Omni-man's actions.

Yeah, people on here can be good with separating the source material and the shows...the spoiler function was used a lot during the Game of Thrones threads, which i liked...but would still click on anyways because i was curious :)

I am totally expecting a DC lawsuit to be incoming. The fake justice league characters had a bit large a role to be just parody fair use, by a platform as large as Amazon's streaming service

They def had a lot of similarities with the Justice League, except they didn't have Superman (Omni-Man) in the league.

They def had a lot of similarities with the Justice League, except they didn't have Superman (Omni-Man) in the league.

Immortal, has his immortal ability, but also could fly and had super speed and super strength. I thought he was like an 80% Superman justice league stand in, whereas the true Superman (Omni) worked alone.

Even without Superman, they had the flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, aqua man, and a green person.

I’d get detention in highschool English for plagiarism for that lol

lmao I loved that, and he could manifest water seemingly out of nowhere.

On the lawsuit thing, very possible - but, there's been so many parodies and parodies of parodies in comics that it's hard to tell. Namor = Aquaman, Sentry = Superman, Flash = Quicksilver, Deathstroke = Deadpool.....it goes so far back....

Also check out the blatant DC rip off of SpiderMan

Immortal, has his immortal ability, but also could fly and had super speed and super strength. I thought he was like an 80% Superman justice league stand in, whereas the true Superman (Omni) worked alone.

Even without Superman, they had the flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, aqua man, and a green person.

I’d get detention in highschool English for plagiarism for that lol

Yeah he seemed a mix of Vandal Savage, Wolverine and the less powerful (John Bryne) Superman from the late 80s & 90s

lmao I loved that, and he could manifest water seemingly out of nowhere.

On the lawsuit thing, very possible - but, there's been so many parodies and parodies of parodies in comics that it's hard to tell. Namor = Aquaman, Sentry = Superman, Flash = Quicksilver, Deathstroke = Deadpool.....it goes so far back....

Also check out the blatant DC rip off of SpiderMan

Yeah he seemed a mix of Vandal Savage, Wolverine and the less powerful (John Bryne) Superman from the late 80s & 90s

How different does the character have to be for it not being able to be sued for it?
Like Quicksilver is a mutant and The Flash has the speed force…but they’re both fast.
So DC can never make a spider-man because shooting web would be too close to Spiderman and then would get sued over it. Like, what other animal shoots webs? What is the limit given to fictional characters with powers?

How different does the character have to be for it not being able to be sued for it?
Like Quicksilver is a mutant and The Flash has the speed force…but they’re both fast.
So DC can never make a spider-man because shooting web would be too close to Spiderman and then would get sued over it. Like, what other animal shoots webs? What is the limit given to fictional characters with powers?

Having them copy powers is one thing

having the same 5 powers teamed up with the same color patterns of costumes feels extreme

Having them copy powers is one thing

having the same 5 powers teamed up with the same color patterns of costumes feels extreme

It just seems like DC will never be able to have a Spiderman like character. Obviously cannot use the same name, but would they be able to have the same base powers (able to web, wall sticky, agility and strength) but different origins like didn’t get bit by a spider, no uncle ben, no wise cracking.

They did have villainous version of Spiderman
in Young Justice.

Not sure if DC got sued by Marvel over it.

Yeah that whole scene was a Fuck You to the Batman fan-boys who believe the Dark Knight with Prep Time can beat a guy who can bench tanks as a warm up and cut you in half with a look:rolleyes:

Yeah, apparently they sue each other all the time. The individual writers also sue each other. Everyone sues everyone and everyone rips each other off. They also all work together and collaborate on big projects. That seems to be the industry, lol.

Here's a couple of the bigger lawsuits

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article...dc-and-marvel-rival-captain-marvel-characters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Comics_Publications,_Inc._v._Fawcett_Publications,_Inc.

I've heard stories of writers coming up with a character, giving the character to their friend, and then the friend will sell the comic to a comic book company. That same friend will then go say "actually my old co-author came up with that one, you better pay him so we don't get sued" - that way, two authors can get paid for the same character.

Yeah that whole scene was a Fuck You to the Batman fan-boys who believe the Dark Knight with Prep Time can beat a guy who can bench tanks as a warm up and cut you in half with a look:rolleyes:

DpQ9YJl.png

To be fair, Omni man surprised fake Batman. Fake Batman had 0 prep. No plan. No staged weapons.

The dumbass tried to drop kick murderous Superman lol.

If Omni Man is bringing his friends I think Earth is kinda fucked.

Not sure why Omni left but it wasn't because he needed help. He was well on his way to taking over Earth. I'm very interested to see what he will do but I have a feeling most if not all of season 2 will focus on other things and he wont even be involved. I could see the season finale ending with Omni man coming back or someone from his planet at least.

Back