Introducing someone to MMA

Shamrock vs Severn 2 or Guida vs Maynard.
If you knew anything and wanted to be somewhat clever, you would have said Kimo vs Severn , nice try on being a smart ass , NOT

Dana says Forrest Griffin Vs Stephan Bonnar is the greatest fight in history

I think you show them a brawl first and then work your way to more technical fights or a mix of skills.

I'd start with Hawtness verses Mustache.

It's among the most significant.
He one time was asked about the best fight he's ever seen and he said the best fight I've ever seen in boxing, MMA, or any combat sport is Forrest Griffin Stephan Bonnar.

He one time was asked about the best fight he's ever seen and he said the best fight I've ever seen in boxing, MMA, or any combat sport is Forrest Griffin Stephan Bonnar.
Lawl that goof

Got my non-combat sports friend into MMA by showing him glimpses throughout GSP's career and giving him a proper narrative for the fights in their respective positions in GSP's career timeline.

At first he only looked through GSP's career in it's entirety, but eventually proceeded to catch his first UFC event (UFC 198) with me. He is now in the same initial phase of MMA fandom that I went through, ie. watching a copious amount of MMA history and talking about the fighters like he knows everything about them even though he knows jackshit. Ah, the nostalgy.

Pulver/Gomi
The entire Pride 9 welterweight/lightweight tournament
Barnett/Noguiera 1
Edgar/Griffin
Cerrone/Henderson 1
Henderson/Rua 1
Couture/Liddell 1, 2, and 3

CMac vs Holloway

XaDsetj.gif

soooo much to pick from honestly!!!!!!! pride/bushido tuf seasons

fs1 has greatest 100 fighters show would be awesome for new fan...

Rampage vs Abidi ... for introduction
Fedor vs Nogueira 3
Wanderlei vs Fujita
Chuck vs Wanderlei
St Pierre vs Karo
Aleksander vs Morais
Condit vs Lawler
Fedor vs Zulu
Fedor vs Mirko
Mirko vs Nogueira
Mirko vs Aleksander
Vovchanchyn vs Varelans
Tito vs Couture
Couture vs Sylvia
Fedor vs Sylvia

... im forgeting alot cause my memory is kinda f*cked up today ... i wood show these tho

you should show him fights with big ko but also some good grappling exchanges,otherwise he will fall in love with striking and find boring the grappling/wrestling part. Miller vs Lauzon is a good fight for the grappling part,also they're covered in blood for more dramatism

Show them any Tito Ortiz/Ken Shamrock press conference and they'll be a fan for life.

Back