Introducing someone to MMA

CalvilloRay

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If you were trying to show a friend MMA who hadn't really seen a fight before, what fight would you show them

Korean Zombie Vs. Dustin Porier is fun from the very beginning, technical, a brawl, and awesome ground fight all in one. Has all aspects.

What would u show them

I used to think Korean Zombie vs Leonard Garcia in WEC was an exciting fight to show to people not familiar with the sport until I watched Marco Polo Reyes vs DHK (155er) from 199 with my girl and showed her the KZ vs Garcia fight right after.

The Reyes DHK fight blows the KZ fight out of the water.

Stann vs Wanderlei is great too but probably doesn't have as much meaning to a person who has never watched MMA.

Anyone I have introduced to MMA was with this...
51VKNQS52NL.jpg

Edgar vs Maynard II

Some striking, some wrestling, a little guy fighting hard against a big guy. Blood, sweat, heart, pain....

That fight has it all.

I used to think Korean Zombie vs Leonard Garcia in WEC was an exciting fight to show to people not familiar with the sport until I watched Marco Polo Reyes vs DHK (155er) from 199 with my girl and showed her the KZ vs Garcia fight right after.

The Reyes DHK fight blows the KZ fight out of the water.

Stann vs Wanderlei is great too but probably doesn't have as much meaning to a person who has never watched MMA.
Good call on the Reyes DHK fight, that was ridiculously good fun

I often go back to Roger Huerta vs Leonard Garcia, massively fun fight, like a less sloppy Griffin/Bonnar

Matt Brown Erick Silva could work as well

Shamrock vs Severn 2 or Guida vs Maynard.

If you were trying to show a friend MMA who hadn't really seen a fight before, what fight would you show them

Korean Zombie Vs. Dustin Porier is fun from the very beginning, technical, a brawl, and awesome ground fight all in one. Has all aspects.

What would u show them
tumblr_inline_mq8twhdkPo1qz4rgp.gif

I'd show them an elocution type video (s) TS; some old school UFC 2 type fights, to Tito / Frank, , to Randy / Chuck etc

Good call on the Reyes DHK fight, that was ridiculously good fun

I often go back to Roger Huerta vs Leonard Garcia, massively fun fight, like a less sloppy Griffin/Bonnar

Matt Brown Erick Silva could work as well
Some great choices here. Brown Silva was pretty one-sided after the first few minutes...brutal beatdown.

Another fight I liked a lot that would do well would be Condit/Rory.

Theodourou vs. Alvey

Moroz vs. Taylor

Rosholt vs. Struve

Pawlak vs. Westcott

Gigliotti vs. Smith

Gomi vs Diaz. No other answer you fools.

Some great choices here. Brown Silva was pretty one-sided after the first few minutes...brutal beatdown.

Another fight I liked a lot that would do well would be Condit/Rory.

Or Rory vs Robbie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back