• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Interview with the vampire (1994) vs Blade (1998)

Other than being vampire films, they are basically completely different genres.

I like interview better. Despite how bad they deviated from the books, which were also awesome.

One was more of a study of how a fledgling vampire takes to the life altering change. The other was an action movie better on in the background during a drinking party.

Blade .. only future Marvel endeavour I’m excited for too.

They are both good in their own way. Blade is mind numbing fun without any depth to the characters. Interview with the vampire is a drama with limited action. The characters are very interesting

Which film do you prefer and why
Both are stellar. Interview though, everyone in it was amazing, and Anne Rice was a brilliant novelist. Brad and Tom were picked perfectly as an adaptation of the book. Basing it off that Tom should have got an Oscar he WAS Lestat. He had the arrogance down pat.

Blade because of the acid techno blood rave opener. in fact the whole movie is a lot more stylish and interesting than most current marvel stuff even though it is very late 90's

Blade because of the acid techno blood rave opener. in fact the whole movie is a lot more stylish and interesting than most current marvel stuff even though it is very late 90's
Best opener ever. Love New Order anyway so was into it but as soon as the blood rain happened I knew I was in for a good time.

Everyone seems to hate Trinity but I've watched it countless times, Ryan was awesome. And not even remotely hot as fuck, neither was Biel.

Best opener ever. Love New Order anyway so was into it but as soon as the blood rain happened I knew I was in for a good time.

Everyone seems to hate Trinity but I've watched it countless times, Ryan was awesome. And not even remotely hot as fuck, neither was Biel.

I need to revisit Trinity, I remember liking Blade 2 but tbh Ive seen the first movie so many more times than either of the sequels they both kind of get blurry in my memory

also I probably should say I've never actually finished interview with a vampire, not because I thought it was boring but I fall asleep easily watching movies in my house if I'm tired/high enough. I just need to buy it on blu ray and get it over with because my wife loves that movie anyway.

my favorite vampire movie above even blade is coppola's dracula, just an amazing showcase of practical effects and film editing

Apples and oranges despite both being about vampires. I like them both and had them both in my very limited DVD collection.

If I had to pick i'd take Interview I guess.

Interview ...
I never saw the big deal with Blade. Interview had its own thing going for it.

I prefer Interview With the Vampire. Fucken Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in one movie. And the only movie they were in together. Can't go wrong with those two together.

I need to revisit Trinity, I remember liking Blade 2 but tbh Ive seen the first movie so many more times than either of the sequels they both kind of get blurry in my memory

also I probably should say I've never actually finished interview with a vampire, not because I thought it was boring but I fall asleep easily watching movies in my house if I'm tired/high enough. I just need to buy it on blu ray and get it over with because my wife loves that movie anyway.

my favorite vampire movie above even blade is coppola's dracula, just an amazing showcase of practical effects and film editing
I fell asleep in the cinema with the first Blade. Date with a guy I was so into and I ended up drooling on his shoulder. The times I fall fast asleep in cinemas when I'm really enjoying what I'm watching. The loudest last Avengers movie I was out for the count till the last 20 minutes.

Wesley and Blade bless but..

Interview With the Vampire

200.gif

giphy.gif

168718.gif

i-want-some-more-kirsten-dunst.gif

19772922.gif

brad-pitt-vampire.gif

dancing1.gif

CalmJoyfulCooter-size_restricted.gif

Back