* Interview: Petey Sits Down 1-On-1 With Conor McGregor's Head Coach, John Kavanagh *

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
WARNING: Long, & Sers

We here at The Petey & Jia Show, have occasionally been accused of conducting fake interviews. While we take great offense to these allegations, we also have taken steps to ensure that it does not happen.

So when we were presented with the opportunity to have SBG Ireland's Head Coach John Kavanagh on the show, we made damn sure he was real, in the most effective way possible: by flying out to him, and cornering him in his own damn hotel room!

This ain't some 5-minute fluff piece, we scratched well beneath the surface. Only two questions were off limits: 'How did you get into MMA', and 'How did you meet Conor?' ("I'm just tired of answering them", Kavanagh said.)

So instead, we talked for almost an hour and a half, covering a wide range of topics:

- Conor McGregor's final preparations for Dennis Siver in Boston
- Martial Art training & philosophy
- Kavanagh's early days as a Pro Fighter, & his transition to Coach
- Different kinds of crappy handshakes
- The time Royce Gracie called SBG Ireland to speak to Kavanagh
- Pressure, & how it affects different competitors
- Conor McGregor's ground game progression
- The time BJ Penn came through Ireland, and stopped by SBG
- Similiarities if any between Conor McGregor & Nick Diaz
- Bar fights, & how best to avoid them
- Gunnar Nelson update: his current training, attitude, plus discussion of his style
- 24 & Jack Bauer

And then we thumb wrestled.

Enjoy!

Peteys gone bigtime.

Well done, old boy.

Peteys gone bigtime.

689237.gif

That's awesome man, congrats! Will listen to at work tomorrow

Guessing not many interested in listening to Conor's coach for an hour and a half

Cool experience for you though i suppose

Guessing not many interested in listening to Conor's coach for an hour and a half

Cool experience for you though i suppose

Hehe. Perhaps true, & definitely true! :D

If a handful of people dig it, that's good enough for me.

Back