Interesting UFC fact you only recently learned

Brock Lesnar was SO FAR from the least deserving MMA fighter to be brought to the UFC that this is seriously going to piss a lot of people on this board off and cause a major stink.

There was a fighter with a losing record with double digit MMA fights that was currently on a five fight losing streak when invited to the UFC, which stretched his MMA losing streak to six straight after being submitted.

To make matters worse, that was the winning fighters last and only win in the UFC.

Many Sherdog posters are screaming for said fighter to receive a title shot.
Before I give the answer I will throw it out to the posters to:
Name that fighter:_____________

Mark Hunt

Rules from the UFC website state:

Apparel:

- Each contestant shall wear mixed martial arts shorts (board shorts), biking shorts (vale tudo shorts), kick-boxing shorts or other shorts approved by the Commission.
- Gi's or shirts are prohibited during competition except that female contestant's musts wear shirts approved by the Commission.
- Shoes and any type of padding on the feet are prohibited during competition.

This has been modified from the original universal MMA rules that included a mandatory jock strap/ cup combination. Does this mean that these are now "optional" in the UFC since the expansion of Women in the organization?

In the early days of the UFC they wanted to have a moat filled with crocodiles around the octagon instead of a cage. They never went through with it because of the potential danger for the fighters (duh.)

Rich "Ace" Franklin looks alot like Jim Carrey who played Ace Ventura. Ace and Ace!!!! (I said that in my sarcastic voice, but you can't tell through a computer.)

jon jones has the most submission wins ever in the lhw division

Chael Sonnen really hasn't beaten anyone of note, especially given the two title shots in a row he's gotten. And he's lost a shitload of times by sub!

Also i read that apparently in the unified rules you can't swear at your opponent in the cage! You can kick him, elbow him, slam him, choke him, break his arm but can't call him a fuck head! :icon_chee

Back