Interesting that pillow fisted fighters currently dominate P4P rankings

We need this guy in the UFC
giphy.gif

Why? Because he has some martial art training and therefore can KO untrained drunken men?

Each and every one of this list has KOs from punches in his resume.

/thread.

UPDATE: This guy is just a troll, never mind him.

lol I knew there will be an idiot like you who will say this. Every single person no matter how little ko power he has is capable of winning by ko . That's not what pillow fisted or Ko power terms stand for.

Pillow fisted (points fighters) are the best cuz they win via conditioning & Skill rather than shortcuts
Sometimes this is true. In boxing I often appreciate the non-punchers, because they have to be more crafty than the punchers. The cream of the crop fighters are generally the doubles-triples hitters, rather than the home run guys.

Not getting a KO doesn't mean you are "pillow fisted". When i read things like this i can't help but wonder if the people saying it have ever been hit... Not in any kind of training necessarily, just hit in any type of situation...

DC KOd Stipe with one pillow fist?
Conor dropped for the first time, but Khabib has pillow fists?
<Bottle.gif>

lol I knew there will be an idiot like you who will say this. Every single person no matter how little ko power he has is capable of winning by ko . That's not what pillow fisted or Ko power terms stand for.

And you came with this wonderful little theory after getting beat numerous times at your schoolyard?

Kid, your bones are still fragile. Wait until you hit puberty

1 DC. (borderline pillow fisted)
2. Kebab (pillow fisted)
3. Jones (extremely pillow fisted)
4. Dillashaw (pillow fisted)
5. Holloway (extremely pillow fisted)
6. GSP (pillow fisted)
7. Woodley. (first KO artist on the list)

Discuss.

Ps.This is not a diss on fighters who are relatively weak punchers, because it only takes more skill to be a great fighter without a big KO power.

I find your post and thread title misleading for two reasons. First, it suggests that being pillow fisted has anything to do with them being champion, which obviously isn't the case. Second, I disagree with your characterization of those fighters as pillow fisted (except maybe Max and GSP). Most of those guys have multiple KO's wins and are "only pillow fisted" if compared with the hardest hitters in their division (e.g. if you compare DC to Rumble or TJ to Lineker) but defnitely not in an absolute sense.

Those are the rules, unfortunately.
Allow 12-6 elbows and especially upkicks to the head from fighters who have their backs on the floor and see wrestlers like Nurmagomedov and GSP go down the P4P list.

You can allow knees on the ground, then wrestlers like Khabib and GSP are much more dominant. Nothing is going to remove the dominance of wrestlers, it's simply the strongest base.

Allow 12-6 elbows and especially upkicks to the head from fighters who have their backs on the floor and see wrestlers like Nurmagomedov and GSP go down the P4P list.
Good luck making space to land a upkick on khabib or gsp.

2. Kebab (pillow fisted)
6. GSP (pillow fisted)

Discuss.

Ps.This is not a diss on fighters who are relatively weak punchers, because it only takes more skill to be a great fighter without a big KO power.

Ortega’s face would suggest Max isn’t extremely pillow fisted.

Allow knees to the head on grounded opponents and see wrestlers go way up the P4P list -- knees to the head from side control or north-south position would be great for wrestlers. Better yet, allow head butts and watch wrestlers finishes go through the roof.

However, the rules are what they are, and that's what the current titles are based on.

I note that most of the guys on the original list have KO or TKO wins. Weird definition of pillow fist where you can win by KO or TKO and be pillow fisted.

On the contrary, being capable of winning by KO is exactly what KO power refers to. Being unable to win by KO or TKO is exactly what pillow fisted means.

2. Kebab (pillow fisted)
6. GSP (pillow fisted)

Discuss.

Good thread.. for whatever reason I despise pillow fisted fighters -- having said that I genuinely consider DC a decent puncher.

Khabib seems to have power but refuses to engage (prefers to wrestle obv)

2. Kebab (pillow fisted)
6. GSP (pillow fisted)

Discuss.

You realize that all these "pillow fisted" guys(Except Dillashaw who is tied) have more knockouts in their careers than Tyquill ? What a dumb thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back