interesting places you have worked

Not really, but +10 years in the gaming industry.
Have meet some weird people over the years working with games.

Ive done a few.
When I was about 17 I spent the summer working a t a Canal Boat tour operators. My job was to ride along on the boat, serve tea and biscuits and open the locks along the way. After the boat returns clean up. Very chilled out and easy money.

Was in the military so Ive visited various bases and training areas around the UK. Did an operational tour in Afghanistan for 6 months.
After the military ive done a few random jobs.
Worked at a summer camp in the USA for inner-city boys, which was fun but some of the kids were a handful. Plenty of swearing, fighting and boys being boys.
Also did a Summer Camp in Hong Kong. Very different, practically lived on a beautiful beach for a couple months.
Nightshift receptionist at a hostel in Laos. Got the job by pure luck. The manager was awesome and got to meet plenty of cool people, as well as a few oddballs.
Currently in China as a EFL teacher.

Subway - lots of crazy people used to come in there
Logger - super fun neat places with lots of nature and mountains (sad to chop it all up)
Electrician - Big projects like mines and refineries, crazy 1000+ man work camps. For every woman theres literally like 100 men, and most are friggen gross and creepy.

In an ambulance in the Chicagoland area. Going into the Robert Taylor homes and Cabrini Green and such on calls constantly was always interesting and sometimes scary. Lots of stories from that job.

Not so much a place but I worked for a business run by Exclusive Brethren.

Didn't find out until I asked why none of the work vehicles had a stereo.

Only the men were involved in the business, but one time we had to stop by the family home on the way out to a job and the women were out in the yard in full cult regalia, long dresses and head scarves galore. Really creepy scene.

Seemed like decent folk and treated me well though.

Several Afghan government ministries in Kabul. One I was in was besieged by the Taliban while I was in it, and the office next to mine was hit by a rocket about 10 minutes after I got the hell out.

That was quite interesting.

I forgot to mention in my original post. I was a barman when I was 18 that used to host hen and stag parties. All I can say is woman are shameless. Also you I know this will sound gay as shit but its amazing how quickly female strippers stop doing it for you.

Anything you want to tell us, bro? (No judgement) :wink:

Fuck, I never worked anywhere cool or interesting at all. Almost makes me want to quit my cushy job so I can come up with something to post on Sherdog.

Ive done a few.
When I was about 17 I spent the summer working a t a Canal Boat tour operators. My job was to ride along on the boat, serve tea and biscuits and open the locks along the way. After the boat returns clean up. Very chilled out and easy money.

Was in the military so Ive visited various bases and training areas around the UK. Did an operational tour in Afghanistan for 6 months.
After the military ive done a few random jobs.
Worked at a summer camp in the USA for inner-city boys, which was fun but some of the kids were a handful. Plenty of swearing, fighting and boys being boys.
Also did a Summer Camp in Hong Kong. Very different, practically lived on a beautiful beach for a couple months.
Nightshift receptionist at a hostel in Laos. Got the job by pure luck. The manager was awesome and got to meet plenty of cool people, as well as a few oddballs.
Currently in China as a EFL teacher.

Me too, where are you? It's a different experience for me, I'm liking it, was sick of working in my previous role.

Did the hostel thing too, bartender & receptionist in Buenos Aires, you meet lots of cool people, lots of hot chicks and definitely some oddballs!

I do security for topless/lingerie girls at bachelor parties (and other parties). I have seen some hilarious shit, and the job is a lot of fun.

Any vacancies at your work, I could use a new part time job.

Back