Social Institution engaged in systemic racism asks students to stay at home and ponder systemic racism

EyeOfNewt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/us/bellarmi...lle-university-cancels-classes-breonna-taylor

Shouldn’t every student be treated equally regardless of skin pigmentation? How can you have different admission criteria from one group to another? Perhaps the university administration should reflect on that. It’s not the students that needed a day off it’s them. Hopefully someone posts this on social media and let this school’s administrators look like the fools they are

Campus Reform reported on Wednesday that Bellarmine University president Susan Donovan notified her students that classes were dismissed after 2 PM and all day Thursday, a decision that was made after "hearing from many of our students of color and their allies, and in consultation with faculty and student leadership.”

"Regardless of how the courts handle the case, Breonna Taylor’s death reminds us that as a society we have so much more work to do to end systemic racism and move toward justice for all,” Donovan said in the letter, later writing, “the white members of our Bellarmine community to educate yourselves on systemic racism, recognize your part in it, and work toward inclusion.”

I remember when profs wanted a day off they would just fake car issues. This seems like a better out for them...and the students. This provides a lazier day than this used to:

246d47002806b6fb1acf6b1c75baaf30.jpg

Campus Reform reported on Wednesday that Bellarmine University president Susan Donovan notified her students that classes were dismissed after 2 PM and all day Thursday, a decision that was made after "hearing from many of our students of color and their allies, and in consultation with faculty and student leadership.”

"Regardless of how the courts handle the case, Breonna Taylor’s death reminds us that as a society we have so much more work to do to end systemic racism and move toward justice for all,” Donovan said in the letter, later writing, “the white members of our Bellarmine community to educate yourselves on systemic racism, recognize your part in it, and work toward inclusion.”

I remember when profs wanted a day off they would just fake car issues. This seems like a better out for them...and the students. This provides a lazier day than this used to:

246d47002806b6fb1acf6b1c75baaf30.jpg
I wonder why they didn’t dismiss classes 10 or 20 years ago. You’d expect that racism was more rampant as you get closer and closer to the times of segregation and slavery. Oddly enough, someone somewhere came up with the bizarre idea that reform and modernity brought us back to slavery and segregation. Bullshit.

We need some serious reform in these institutions

they’re becoming leftist propaganda institutions

they largely a scam as well trapping kids into 300k in debt for useless degrees such as liberal studies , women studies , native American history

then they burn shit down and riot because they’re stuck in their lives because the “capitalist system is broken”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bellarmi...lle-university-cancels-classes-breonna-taylor

Shouldn’t every student be treated equally regardless of skin pigmentation? How can you have different admission criteria from one group to another? Perhaps the university administration should reflect on that. It’s not the students that needed a day off it’s them. Hopefully someone posts this on social media and let this school’s administrators look like the fools they are
Have you considered the possibility that you don't actually understand what systemic racism is before you began to criticize it?

I'm sorry, but I can't understand how this links to systemic racism at all. They went to serve a no-knock warrant, knocked, were shot at, and police returned fire. This is clear cut would have gone down exactly the same regardless of race. The police didn't even really know who they were shooting back at, so how could any killing have been racially motivated?

Imagine paying $40,000+ a year for this shit. Go to college with aspirations, come out of college as an emotional cuck with huge debt.

Was there a racist motive in the killing of Breonna Taylor? I thought she was killed in crossfire when her boyfriend fired at the cops. Obviously the cops have to shoot the suspect who is firing at them. Her death was a tragic accident while the cops were trying to defend themselves, I don't think it had anything to do with her skin color.
The cause of her death was a no-knock raid. Those are an accident waiting to happen and need to be banned everywhere. I think the focus should be on making sure no knock raids are stopped completely so no more accidents like this can happen. Whoever was responsible for sending their force to the wrong house should be prosecuted for allowing this to happen but the cops who fired the shots did so to protect their lives. No racism here unless someone can correct me?

Have you considered the possibility that you don't actually understand what systemic racism is before you began to criticize it?
Systemic = a rule (aka it’s not random) that assigns an element of a set A to an element of a set B (eg. asian student in A is assigned a higher SAT score requirement in B)
Racism = respect depends on skin color.
What other definitions are there?

The cause of her death was a no-knock raid. Those are an accident waiting to happen and need to be banned everywhere.

You know the cops claim they DID knock and DID identify themselves as law enforcement before entering the premises, right?

Systemic = a rule (aka it’s not random) that assigns an element of a set A to an element of a set B (eg. asian student in A is assigned a higher SAT score requirement in B)
Racism = respect depends on skin color.
What other definitions are there?
Ok, so you don't understand it. Glad I cleared that up.

Pff. It's whatever the left says it is at a given moment. Let's not act like it has an actual definition. Once you push it back far enough logically, it morphs into a hocus pocus faith based argument. It's unfalsifiable.

Was there a racist motive in the killing of Breonna Taylor? I thought she was killed in crossfire when her boyfriend fired at the cops. Obviously the cops have to shoot the suspect who is firing at them. Her death was a tragic accident while the cops were trying to defend themselves, I don't think it had anything to do with her skin color.
The cause of her death was a no-knock raid. Those are an accident waiting to happen and need to be banned everywhere. I think the focus should be on making sure no knock raids are stopped completely so no more accidents like this can happen. Whoever was responsible for sending their force to the wrong house should be prosecuted for allowing this to happen but the cops who fired the shots did so to protect their lives. No racism here unless someone can correct me?
It wasn't the wrong house.

Define it then
Let me retract my previous statement: I think you understand what SR is, but I don’t have faith that you can discuss it honestly. If you are genuinely confused about the differences, then there are better places to get information than me. Might I suggest Google or Wikipedia?

It’s obvious that you are trying to make an argument that affirmative action hurts Asian Americans. The question is if you are actually concerned about advancing justice for Asians, advancing merit based admissions processes, or ending a practice you believe hurts white people. If you actually support merit based admissions, you could make a thread about how legacy based admissions are bullshit. If you care about Asian equality, you could investigate the root causes behind how the disparities between different groups of Asians rather than focusing on the most successful ones. You could have a thoughtful discussion on if the face value inequality of affirmative action in university admissions is an effective tool to counteract the inequalities created by systemic racism in public school education. Any of those would be more interesting than walking into a gotcha question.

Back