inspirational quotes for fighting/training.

"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."- Thucydides

"The path up the mountain is steep; were it not steep, it would not be a mountain."- Chinese Proverb

"Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power." - Lao Tzu

"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? " - Sun Tzu

Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

" Victory without sacrifice means nothing"
" There is no feeling like killing a man, raping his wife and riding his horse"

" Quantity has a quality all its own"
" One concept is worth a thousand techniques"
"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

[Of the Roman Legion] "They trained bloodless battles so that their battles were bloody exercises." - Josephus

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

you fell down for the 7th time in a fight. now get up for the 8th time. in other words, don't quit.

If I've fallen 7 times the ref should be stepping in. Getting up for an "8th" time is just asking for a brain injury.

I understand what the message is. It just makes no sense to be getting up an 8th time when you've only fallen seven times. If it were fall down 7 times, get up 7 times then it would make sense.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Beat me to it. By far my favorite quote from my favorite president. The Rough Rider set up a mock dojo in the White House to practice judo. Detached his retina while boxing in his second term.

colonel.gif

That's a president I could follow.

Not really inspirational but true. "tap while you're in this dojo, because on the streets there is no tapping." Somebody's sensei said this on here..

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

He who hesitates is lost.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

After the game,
the king and the pawn go into the same box.

The only journey is the journey within

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

thats a few i found the other day

If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril.

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

When you prepare for your enemy, you are weak. When your enemy prepares for you, you are strong.

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

Sun Tzu

Just google Sun Tzu. The list goes on and on. Amazing stuff considering it was written appx 2300 years ago

I shoot I score You Shoot I score - Gable
It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.
(not sure who said that)

Back