inspirational quotes for fighting/training.

kata guruma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"the more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."
(got that here, forgot the guys name though, sorry.)

"when you fall down 7 times, get up 8 times."

"the teacher opens the door, but its your job to step in."

"the man who fears yet still steps up to the challenge has more courage then the man who fears nothing."

"pain is the best teacher, but nobody wants to go to his class."

add more :icon_chee

The price you pay to get anywhere in life is the same price you have to pay to stay.

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."

-Muhammad Ali

"Im ready. It doesnt matter against who or where. On foot or on horseback. With maces or poleaxes. To first blood or to death"

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

honestly.. if you enjoy training.. you don't need motivation.

"the more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."
(got that here, forgot the guys name though, sorry.)

"when you fall down 7 times, get up 8 times."
"the teacher opens the door, but its your job to step in."

"the man who fears yet still steps up to the challenge has more courage then the man who fears nothing."

"pain is the best teacher, but nobody wants to go to his class."

add more :icon_chee

I don't mean to rip on you, but I hate that quote. I mean if you fall down 7 times you can only get up 7 times. You wouldn't say fall down once get up twice, because in order to get up twice you have to fall down twice.....just sayin.:rolleyes:

I am a shark and the ground is my ocean - I feel like this is so BAMF there is no need for other grappling quotes.

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
lol sorry couldn't resist

-Gordon: I don't think there's a pool player alive who shoots better pool than I saw you shoot the other night at Ames. You got talent.
Eddie: So I got talent? So what beat me?
Gordon: Character.
Eddie: Sure, sure.
Gordon: You're damn right I'm sure. Everybody's got talent, I got talent. You think you can play big-money straight pool or poker for forty straight hours on nothing but talent? You think they call Minnesota Fats the best in the country just cause he got talent? Nah, Minnesota Fats's got more character in one finger than you got in your whole skinny body.

Gordon: Eddie, is it all right if I get Personal?
Eddie: Whaddya been so far?
Gordon: Eddie, you're a born loser.
Eddie: What's that supposed to mean?
Gordon: First time in ten years I ever saw Minnesota Fats hooked, really hooked. But you let him off.
Eddie: I told you, I got drunk.
Gordon: Sure you got drunk, the best excuse in the world for losin'. No trouble losin' when you got a good excuse. And winning - that can be heavy on your back too, like a monkey. Drop that load too when you got an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. That's one of the best indoor sports, feelin' sorry for yourself. A sport enjoyed by all - especially the born loser.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; the brave never taste of death but once. (Shakespeare)

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.

It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live. (Marcus Aurelius)

It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

There is only one time that is important--NOW!--It is the most important time because it is the only time we have any power. (Leo Tolstoy)

It's not what happens to you. It's what you do about it.

honestly.. if you enjoy training.. you don't need motivation.

i like training, but when you're feeling exhausted, like you're about to collapse, sometimes you need that extra push.

The mat is my church, the ground is my heaven, Jiu-Jitsu is my religion. Once you hit the ground you're in my world.

The ground is like an ocean and I'm like a shark and most people don't even know how to swim.

Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
-Gandhi

He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position
- Ed Parker

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft

That is the whole secret of successful fighting. Get your enemy at a disadvantage; and never, on any account, fight him on equal terms.

We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again.

The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender.

Nobody can hurt me without my permission.

The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world.

If training is hard, then winning will be easy, but if training is easy, then winning will be hard.
- Norman Harris

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
- Bishop W. C. Magee

You can't expect to win unless you know why you lose.
- Benjamin Lipson

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
- Bruce Lee

Follow not in the footsteps of the masters, but rather seek what they sought

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash.Be water, my friend.
-Bruce Lee

"It isn't until one has gone too far that we can truly see how far one can go" T.S ELIOT
"I am a shark the ground is my ocean and you can't even swim" Don't know
"That which does not kill you can only make you stronger" Fred Nietzske
"You can't teach someone to learn what they already think they know"
"A wise man learns more from a fools question. Then a fool learns from a wise mans anwser"
"Pain is temporary Glory is forever"

Back