Inside The Actors Studio - Dave Chappelle

The Taxman

Askren P4P #1
@red
Reaction score
[YT]84NjYRTHpfU[/YT]

So I just watched this whole thing and I gotta say it was pretty amazing to hear what happened to him in his own words. I know this is probably old news but I still hear people talk about how he went crazy and shit. But if you watch it he talks all about how his life just wasn't where he wanted it, and money/fame isn't everything it cracks up to be.

What's going on? Why is Dave Chappelle going to Africa? Why does Mariah Carey make a 100 million dollar deal and take her clothes off on TRL? A weak person can not get to sit here and talk to you, ain't no weak people talking to you. What is happening in Hollywood? Nobody knows. The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit! People are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe their environment is a little sick.

He really is a truly insightful person on his outlook on life. I would love to sit down and chat with him as well. He also talks about his life growing up and when he first got into comedy, etc. It's a very very interesting interview

If you don't have time to sit and watch the whole interview (which if you have the time/are a fan of his, I HIGHLY suggest you do) there is another YT vid that someone made that sorta highlights the whole thing.
[YT]x3oCwtKTI9M[/YT]

..Discuss??

Last edited:
Yep. This was pretty fucking awesome.

definitely one of my favorite inside the actor studio interviews.

I actually just started watching them. I usually just have them on while i play any sports game, since I don't need sound and can just listen to the interview. Or if I'm cleaning my room, etc etc. But this is the only one where I actually stopped what I was doing and sat down and watched it on my laptop. It's a great interview

This is pretty old, but damn, I miss Dave.

The industry is pretty scary, to say the least.

I remember watching this. Good shit. Dave's a funny cat.

It's a great interview and very insightful. Its significance is multileveled. The interview speaks volumes about the media's distortion, control, and falsification of actuality. It also strongly hints at the possibility of elitist control (e.g. illumanati) and how corrupt and soulless the entertainment industry is. Chappelle seemingly indicates how he and actors/actresses in general are both puppets for the elites and converters of indoctrination to society.

Last edited:
One of the best episodes.

It's better to go out on top like that instead of becoming obsolete and having people get tired of you imo.

Respect.

Wow that was deep, It kills me to see that. Dave chapelle is great.

Chapelle is the man... have much more respect after watching that interview.

It is a great interview and Dave is a very intelligent guy.

I loved this interview of him, really insightful and I've always loved his humour.

Dave Chappelle will always be the favorite comedian ever.

This is the guy who Richard Pryor passed the torch to. (coming from the Pryor himself)

this interview I think was of the most informative about the entertainment industry.DC didn't sugarcoat anything,he was just direct.I would recommend this to anybody who wants to get into the entertainment industry.Damn, the industry sounds like a scary place.

Fame, Hollywood, and the industry will eat you alive if you keep your heart and soul and remain a "real person" and don't become a robot. Dave refused to become that and he made it out alive, which in my view is the most respectable think anyone could have done.

Fame, Hollywood, and the industry will eat you alive if you keep your heart and soul and remain a "real person" and don't become a robot. Dave refused to become that and he made it out alive, which in my view is the most respectable think anyone could have done.

I bet character and method actors have it better.They just want to act and don't want the fame."movie star" actors spotlight begins to dim when they get older and they decide the want to actually "act" whearas character actors,through their hard work,get noticed and hone their craft throughout their profession.My two cents.

Think I've seen this before but I'm at the campus library without my headphones (and I refuse to check out a pair of used headphones from the front desk ... seriously).

Will watch when i get home, if I remember. Big fan of Dave and his insights.

One of the best episodes.

It's better to go out on top like that instead of becoming obsolete and having people get tired of you imo.

Respect.

I've always maintained that Chappelle was nuts for turning down that money but you make a good point.

Dave Chappelle is the only comedian that ive never heard anyone call overrated/not funny. Hes probably the only comedian that everyone likes.

Back