Inside The Actors Studio - Dave Chappelle

Dave Chappelle is the only comedian that ive never heard anyone call overrated/not funny. Hes probably the only comedian that everyone likes.

I like him but I do think he's overrated. Fuck that "new Richard Pryor" noise. At least until he does standup on an epic level like that, which I hope he does.

Anyway, watched the video. Enjoyed it. Still think he's nuts. I mean, we all are, so fuck it. I'm not insulting the guy. Just saying, he basically said he snapped when they offered him 50 million dollars, and went to Africa. Thanks for the video TS.

I like him but I do think he's overrated. Fuck that "new Richard Pryor" noise. At least until he does standup on an epic level like that, which I hope he does.

Anyway, watched the video. Enjoyed it. Still think he's nuts. I mean, we all are, so fuck it. I'm not insulting the guy. Just saying, he basically said he snapped when they offered him 50 million dollars, and went to Africa. Thanks for the video TS.

Curious, who would you consider worthy of their hype, if Dave is over-rated ?

Curious, who would you consider worthy of their hype, if Dave is over-rated ?

Dave is good, I like him, but he kinda stopped right in the middle of his jump, never reached a huge height for me as far as his standup. Everybody's tastes are different though, I ain't trying ta hate.

If you're talking comedians, I think Carlin lives up to his hype. I also think he did his best shit in his 60s, so again I hope Chapelle gets back to it for real, because he does have a voice. Pryor lives up to the hype. Chris Rock.

Dave Chappelle is the only comedian that ive never heard anyone call overrated/not funny. Hes probably the only comedian that everyone likes.
Funny you say that.

I think he's one of the funniest comedians of all time. I just think he's a bit overrated when it comes to this shit. You know, him being insightful and intelligent.

I feel the same way about Evan Tanner btw. They are/were both really likable dudes. Some people just go overboard with this shit imo.

Funny you say that.

I think he's one of the funniest comedians of all time. I just think he's a bit overrated when it comes to this shit. You know, him being insightful and intelligent.

I feel the same way about Evan Tanner btw. They are/were both really likable dudes. Some people just go overboard with this shit imo.

This thread is weird because I was just watching this video and some Illuminati stuff a few weeks ago.

I personally don't like his stand up all that much. I don't know why but it's always been average at best to me. I couldn't really get into his show either.

I don't think he is insanely insightful or intelligent but the dude is brave. I mean how many people get in depth and talk about the industry like this? Not many. The big wigs of the media world are more powerful than we can ever imagine and can have your life taken in an instance. Whether you like his comedy, his insight or the fact that he refuses to become a media robot, you have to respect the guy.

This interview is why i get so annoyed when people refer to Dave opting out as "Dave went Crazy!"

He's not a money grubbing bitch so people are convinced he's crazy. It's funny how that works.

"You have everything you'll ever need to be happy, you choose to spend your time living a more simple life doing what makes you happy and living in a great area to raise your kids but you left a psychotic money worshiping Hollywood and bunch of money you don't need? CRAZY bitch."

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Chappelle's stand up but his Inside the Actors Studio is hands down the best episode I've ever seen. I was shocked how intense and intelligent he was, quality interview.

Dave is probably up in my top two favorite comedians with Louis C.K. Both guys are humble in that they don't speak from a podium but are wise enough to observe the most subtle nuances of life and speak about it in the funniest ways. His delivery of "Bitch, I live in a fucking trashcan!" is my favorite single sentence in any standup special ever. I have real love for the guy and I always knew he was very wise man who didn't buy in to the conventions pushed on to him by society. I can't wait to watch this when I get home from work.

Back