Info on status of Ralek, Rener, or Ryron Gracie

Bucketbot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I had brought up a similar issue in a different thread, and that thread died (and i do not think that too many people saw that one)...
So i figured i would make a seperate thread and see if anyone has any info

I have been hearing for years that Rorions kids (Ralek, Rener, and Ryron) where supposed to be fighting MMA...i know that Ralek faught over in Japan recently (in K-1 i believe, and just had his grappling match cancel with Cro-Cop, due to Cro-Cop being injured)...but nothing about Rener or Ryron (actually i remember the both of them saying in "Grappling" Mag that they would be fighting soon)...

Anyone train at the Gracie acad (or anyone for that matter, even if you do not train at the gracie acad @ Torrance) got any info on these individuals?

Any info would be great!

They did not compete but they are all great fighters. They are the future of Gracie Barra here in America, and they are the ones for the job. They are really nice guys and really good fighters. You guys who saw Dr. 90210 get destroyed by them you know what I am talking about.

They did not compete but they are all great fighters. They are the future of Gracie Barra here in America, and they are the ones for the job. They are really nice guys and really good fighters. You guys who saw Dr. 90210 get destroyed by them you know what I am talking about.

lmfao

i want some of what you're smoking !

Yeah...ummm...these dudes are not Gracie Barra...

But thanks...

Anyone out there know anything about these Cats?

Anyone here train at Gracie Torance?

I toured the Gracie Academy after the pan ams this year and the guy showing me around (said he was a Machado) said that Ryron signed with a big name org and was in Brazil at the moment training MT along with Rener. I don't know how much truth is in all of that, but that is what he told me. I am a huge Gracie fan, but the guy giving the tour was little bit too worshipful of the family and seemed to be exaggerating a bit with his info. The academy was very nice and the class schedule and what techniques they were working on seemed to be very organized. I left with a Tshirt, some stickers and the hope that one of Rorian's sons would be competing soon.

I think you're a little confused

I toured the Gracie Academy after the pan ams this year and the guy showing me around (said he was a Machado) said that Ryron signed with a big name org and was in Brazil at the moment training MT along with Rener. I don't know how much truth is in all of that, but that is what he told me. I am a huge Gracie fan, but the guy giving the tour was little bit too worshipful of the family and seemed to be exaggerating a bit with his info. The academy was very nice and the class schedule and what techniques they were working on seemed to be very organized. I left with a Tshirt, some stickers and the hope that one of Rorian's sons would be competing soon.

Dude...thanks for the info!

This is along the lines of what i have been hearing. That one (or even sometimes all 3 of the names listed above) have "signed" with a big name organization...but nothing ever comes of it...

I really hope to see these guys fight here in north america some day soon, specifically Ryron and/or Rener (hell even Ralek!). I here so many good things about their BJJ (or is that GJJ:icon_chee) i am really interested to see how they will match up against todays comp in MMA

Again, thanks for the info...

Anyone else got anything to contribute?

I train at Cesar Gracie's. I know a few months ago Ryron was at our school working with one of our fighters who is a really good wreslter and I over heard him say he was fighting sometime soon. He didnt say where or for whom.

Met Rener one time at Relson's. He talks at about a 100 mph.

I train at Cesar Gracie's. I know a few months ago Ryron was at our school working with one of our fighters who is a really good wreslter and I over heard him say he was fighting sometime soon. He didnt say where or for whom.

Cool man, thanks for the info!

And Cesar Gracie's club, Nick and Nate Diaz train out of that club correct?

Back