Infant and python, isn't this a recipe for disaster.

If an infant was learning to code in Python, that would be sweet. Definitely future Silicon Valley CEO.

believe it or not, snakes are perfectly safe unless they're hungry or scared. As long as this snake is well fed there really is no worry for the baby. But if you starved it for a month all bets are off.

So, you're okay if you ask the snake every 10 minutes if he wants a snack and specify that it can't be the baby

I am more concerned for the sanity of the snake. Having a little kid constantly bothering you is going to cause psychological issues for the poor snake.

believe it or not, snakes are perfectly safe unless they're hungry or scared. As long as this snake is well fed there really is no worry for the baby. But if you starved it for a month all bets are off.
Holy shit lol

Nobody, under any circumstance, listen to this guy about big snakes.

I'm guessing you've never owned a python so I will excuse your ignorance. They are not like a dog that leaves it up to whim to decide when to eat. A satiated snake is impossible to feed. You could dangle its favorite food in its face all day and it'll just be annoyed.
It was probably well fed at the time but that's hardly the issue here. Since you're pulling the snake owner card, I had two hefty Burmese and a fully-grown Red Tailed and I'm quite familiar with what snakes even half the size of that monster are capable of. Ever had yours excitedly feel your pulse and give a powerful (i.e. not close to their full power) reflex squeeze? Do you regularly grab your pythons by the head and toss them around? How about getting struck at by a big one over a feeding misunderstanding? That seemed like a pretty open house, I wonder what happens when something wanders in, that the monster could associate with prey, and crosses the heat signature of the boy. What if the kid was just touching another animal? And I wonder what happens if the (totally thinkable) unthinkable happens...good luck uncoiling that fucker.

Last edited:
LOL
That's like pitbull owners always saying their dog is perfectly safe and would never hurt anyone. Until it does.
Snakes by nature are opportunistic feeders. There's really nothing to say that snake couldn't suddenly decide it's an easy meal despite having eaten recently. Unlikely yes, but still possible.

My nephew a grow ass man, used to have a python.. It used to size him up to see if it could eat him.
He later donated.... that snake to a local zoo.

Can’t currently view the video most likely because I’m in Norway at the moment. But it’s most likely a child playing with a large constrictor (that’s most likely obese/ looked sort of like a reticulated python in the screenshot). The risk is often overplayed by those who don’t understand snakes and often underplayed by those that support this.
Would I do this with my own child, fuck no.
Yeah pretty big reticulated there I think. The child is being super rough with it, picking up its head and throwing it around, jumping in and out of its coils. It's obviously perturbed because it tries to leave and the kid keeps harassing it. Very bad situation.

My nephew a grow ass man, used to have a python.. It used to size him up to see if it could eat him.
He later donated.... that snake to a local zoo.
Snakes do not “size up people”, or any of the other crap people spew. Also, I hate so many people get these animals as pets and don’t properly prepare and think it’s ok to dump on zoos. We get so many calls for people not wanting to keep a snake that got too big, news flash moron you knew how big it got when you bought it.

@Fawlty yeah, that’s not a good situation

I've owned snakes. I wouldn't even leave an adult Ball Python with a toddler, let alone a Retic. Don't care how well fed it was. Those parents should be put into a cage with a bunch of agitated 20+ ft African Rock Pythons.

Back