Infant and python, isn't this a recipe for disaster.

Makes you appreciate the restraint and wisdom Michael Jackson showed by dangling his infant over a balcony.

Not even teaching him to be gentle.

Jeez lol.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
believe it or not, snakes are perfectly safe unless they're hungry or scared. As long as this snake is well fed there really is no worry for the baby. But if you starved it for a month all bets are off.

believe it or not, snakes are perfectly safe unless they're hungry or scared. As long as this snake is well fed there really is no worry for the baby. But if you starved it for a month all bets are off.
LOL
That's like pitbull owners always saying their dog is perfectly safe and would never hurt anyone. Until it does.
Snakes by nature are opportunistic feeders. There's really nothing to say that snake couldn't suddenly decide it's an easy meal despite having eaten recently. Unlikely yes, but still possible.

I’ve never understood why anybody would keep a snake as a pet. You’ve got to be some kinda weirdo.

LOL
That's like pitbull owners always saying their dog is perfectly safe and would never hurt anyone. Until it does.
Snakes by nature are opportunistic feeders. There's really nothing to say that snake couldn't suddenly decide it's an easy meal despite having eaten recently. Unlikely yes, but still possible.
@Zookeeper Gabe - what say you to that?

Darwin quietly working in the background, still sorting shit out for us.

LOL
I'm guessing you've never owned a python so I will excuse your ignorance. They are not like a dog that leaves it up to whim to decide when to eat. A satiated snake is impossible to feed. You could dangle its favorite food in its face all day and it'll just be annoyed.

Buncha haters on this forum I swear. Just let the kid and his python do their thing man.

I hope the parents get a visit from Child services.

The low likelihood of an accident here does not make this the responsible thing to do, at all.

Kid accidentally steps on snakes snout or somehow gauges or hurts its eyes or something out and the snake could lash out defensively and before the parents could leap in and uncoil it it could easily snapp the little man's back or crush him.

It is not easy to uncoil a snake that big once it gets it wrap on. Two grown, big men would take quite a bit time working from head and tail.

I've seen in documentaries that there have been little toddlers killed by various families' pet snakes in the past.

I’ve never understood why anybody would keep a snake as a pet. You’ve got to be some kinda weirdo.
I used to own a snake , enjoyed it because of the way it would eat stuff ( live mice) But you have to respect it, it cannot be thought off as a domestic animal and can turn on you anytime. Cant view the video, but you gotta be a moron to leave it unsupervised with a child.

I'm guessing you've never owned a python so I will excuse your ignorance. They are not like a dog that leaves it up to whim to decide when to eat. A satiated snake is impossible to feed. You could dangle its favorite food in its face all day and it'll just be annoyed.
LOL So you're one of THOSE guys. Owns a snake and now a snake expert. Regardless of your experiences, limited to what you're snake has done , it's still a wild animal. Snakes will even kill without eating (immediately) simply because the opportunity is there. Like I said before, not likely. But possible. Only a fucking idiot, looking for attention obviously, would put their child in that situation.

Can’t currently view the video most likely because I’m in Norway at the moment. But it’s most likely a child playing with a large constrictor (that’s most likely obese/ looked sort of like a reticulated python in the screenshot). The risk is often overplayed by those who don’t understand snakes and often underplayed by those that support this.
Would I do this with my own child, fuck no.

Can’t currently view the video most likely because I’m in Norway at the moment. But it’s most likely a child playing with a large constrictor (that’s most likely obese/ looked sort of like a reticulated python in the screenshot). The risk is often overplayed by those who don’t understand snakes and often underplayed by those that support this.
Would I do this with my own child, fuck no.

You should bring home a few breeding pairs of those tufty eared squirrels they have in Norway. See if you can get them to pick up in North America. That's not against zookeeping ethics, right?

6979410645_901f22212c_z.jpg

Last edited:
That kid is adorable lol, but get him a puppy or some shit.

Back