• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY (New Trailer, post #484)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just let Indiana Jones die already? Most overrated franchise ever, even more so than Star Wars

I think it's a great idea to get rid of speilberf

He sucks now

Sneak peak

maxresdefault-7.jpg
Lockdown has not been kind to Christopher Lloyd.

I saw all of the original 3 in theatre as a kid, and loved them.

When my kid was old enough, we watched them together. Then #4 came out. I hadn't seen any previews for it, and he and I went to watch it together. Like any 8 yr old at the time, he loved it. Me? I almost walked out of the theater 10 mins in. Survived a nuclear blast by hiding in a lead lined refrigerator, while being blasted thousands of feet through the air, and walked away with barely a scratch? Fuck off.

Right then I knew the movie was going to be a total piece of dog shit. Dog shit is mostly too generous to describe it.

Most likely, I'll pass on #5 no matter who's involved in it.

Zero interest.

Sounds like a movie the Rock would latch on to and ruin

Sneak peak

maxresdefault-7.jpg

The fact that harrison ford got older in the movies after drinking from the right cup just shows what a weak minded larper this dude was. He just drank some ordinary tap water and spazzed out to death.

Also need a poll. Which one of these unfortunate events scarred the most kids mentally for life:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

RelievedFluidBuffalo-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Still pissed they never involved the young Ford look alike

Agree 100% about Die Hard. In fact, I would say it is even better today than it was when it was released in 1988. Die Hard was set apart from other action movies that came before it because John McClane had a regular joe feel rather than a "superhero" feel. Well, it's set apart from most action movies that came after it for the same reason, so I think the appreciation for that film just grows over the years. It was really a brilliant action film.

As with Predator I think it was perhaps too easy to dismiss the films as standard action faire that just depended on an interesting concept, they do both obviously have more depth to them than that though plus McTeirnan is obviously a cut above standard action directors when it comes to how there filmed.

Update: December 10, 2020

James Mangold Confirmed to Direct INDIANA JONES 5; Production to Start in Spring

So perhaps Disney hasn’t abandoned films all together: Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy said that the next Indiana Jones installment is on course to go into production this coming spring for a July 2022 release. As previously announced, James Mangold is directing. Comscore currently has it dated for July 29, 2022. No mention of Chris Pratt, who was rumored to be attached; just Harrison Ford returning, per Kennedy (of course).

Kennedy provided the update today at Disney Investor Day in addition to a slew of other news, such as the Mandalorian spinoff series Ahsoka Tano and Rangers of the New Republic.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/indian...xt-spring-harrison-ford-returning-1234654373/

please no more Harrison Ford unless he is helping his son in New adventures like Shean Connery

Mangold did a good job with Logan. If Disney will stay out of it and let him do what he wants to do, this might turn out ok.

Update: April 9, 2021

Fleabag Star Phoebe Waller-Bridge Lands Female Lead in James Mangold's INDIANA JONES 5

D2EBUlu.jpg

The next installment of Indiana Jones has found its female lead. Emmy-winning Fleabag sensation Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been cast to star opposite Harrison Ford in the long-awaited fifth film in the franchise, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Indiana Jones 5 (as it's temporarily known) has the 78-year-old Ford reprising his role as the globetrotting archeologist. James Mangold (Ford v Ferrari) is taking over directing duties from Steven Spielberg, who helmed the first four films in the franchise.

In addition, legendary Oscar-winning composer John Williams has signed on to score the film. Williams has scored every previous Indiana Jones titles going back to 1981's Raiders of the Lost Ark.

“I'm thrilled to be starting a new adventure, collaborating with a dream team of all-time great filmmakers," Mangold said in a statement. "Steven, Harrison, Kathy, Frank, and John are all artistic heroes of mine. When you add Phoebe, a dazzling actor, brilliant creative voice and the chemistry she will undoubtedly bring to our set, I can't help but feel as lucky as Indiana Jones himself.”

Waller-Bridge previously teamed with Lucasfilm by voicing the breakout droid character L3-37 in 2018's Solo: A Star Wars Story. The British writer-producer-actress created the acclaimed Amazon Studios dramedy Fleabag and was the showrunner of the first season of BBC America's Killing Eve. She also contributed to the script of the upcoming James Bond film No Time to Die.

The fifth Indiana Jones film has a long and torturous development process going back to 2008 when, coming off the release of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, reports first surfaced that writer George Lucas and director Spielberg were aiming for a fifth entry. In 2016, Disney announced the film would be released in 2019 with Spielberg returning as director — but without Lucas being actively involved. David Koepp was originally attached as the film's writer; then Jonathan Kasdan reportedly took over; then Dan Fogelman; and then Koepp reportedly became involved once again (and noted in a 2019 interview with Den of Geek, "I think we've got a good idea this time"). In February 2020, it was reported that Spielberg was stepping down from directing the project, but would remain a hands-on producer, with Mangold taking over behind the camera.

In addition to Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel will serve as producers on the film. Indiana Jones 5 will hit theaters July 29, 2022.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...oebe-waller-bridge-to-star-with-harrison-ford

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is fucking amazing and I'll watch her in anything.

Fleabag was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back