"Inaccurate" Movie Trailers

The Good Shepherd

p159377_v_v10_ao.jpg

Made you think it would be a cool spy movie a la James Bond. Turned out to be Matt Damon sitting around in dark rooms and brooding for 3 hours.

The Village like someone said

Think thats why a bunch of people dont like it despite it being a fine film

The Good Shepherd

p159377_v_v10_ao.jpg

Made you think it would be a cool spy movie a la James Bond. Turned out to be Matt Damon sitting around in dark rooms and brooding for 3 hours.

Only movie I’ve walked out of. I watched it later on a movie channel and thought it was OK but I was totally expecting something else going in. Plus the people I was with were being irritating with how disappointed they were so that didn’t help

Not a trailer but I'll never forget when I got the DVD of one of my favorite movies, Swingers, like twenty years ago... The cover had Heather Graham in a red dress with a martini in her hand, as though she was some pivotal character in the film.

C'mon, Son.

Thing I hated about a trailer was the one for Avengers Infinity War where they all were charging only to never make either movie.

Thing I hated about a trailer was the one for Avengers Infinity War where they all were charging only to never make either movie.
The ole bait and switch

Done purposefully

Battle L.A. almost always gets mentioned.

On a Star Wars toy podcast, I think they said Star Wars had a long history of misleading trailers and maybe some stuff in trailer not in movie. I don't remember any instances, but probably don't remember the trailers much.

I remember seeing the trailer for Thin Red Line and thinking, "Everyone is in this, it's gonna be great!'

Good lord, what a flaming turd of a movie.
Holy shit, yes. I saw like 5 minutes of that movie and had to turn it off. It reminds me of the part in Band of Brothers when Blythe hides in a foxhole and then emerges, as if he’s in some kind of fever dream. But Thin Red Line was that 30 seconds, only for hours.

It wasn't like the movie was completely left field of the trailer, it just took a subplot that was fleshed out into having parallel to the moral ideology of the film and turned it into a "hey fellow kids come spend your money on this".

Back