"Inaccurate" Movie Trailers

Nameless Ghoul

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

This movie came up in conversation, and it's one of my favorites. So I pull up the trailer, and it's nothing like the actual movie..in pacing/tone/anything. What other movies have misleading trailers like this?

Primeval got notorious reviews from pissed people because the trailer doesn't let you know the serial killer is a crocodile.

I read about the "killer" being a crocodile and still wanted to see it. If you watched one of the trailers closely, you could see a glimpse of the crocodile.

IRON MAN 3 is NOTORIOUS for false advertising. That badass trailer only to get a half assed Mandarin in a bullshit plot twist.

Scary Movie 3. All you saw were the funny bits in the trailer.
Executive Decision. It sounds like a Kurt Russell and Steven Seagal flick only to have Steven Seagal die early.

Jennifer's Body was poorly marketed. It was supposed to be a teen film for girls, instead they mislead the public to believe it was just a film of Megan Fox looking hot and showing tits maybe, idk, and geared it towards guys.

Tho she did look hot! But that wasn't the point of the film.

6p6a.gif

Jennifer's Body was poorly marketed. It was supposed to be a teen film for girls, instead they mislead the public to believe it was just a film of Megan Fox looking hot and showing tits maybe, idk, and geared it towards guys.

Tho she did look hot! But that wasn't the point of the film.

6p6a.gif

Lol, had me fooled. Definitely thought it was just simply a movie for horny dudes. Never saw it tho.

Primeval got notorious reviews from pissed people because the trailer doesn't let you know the serial killer is a crocodile.

YES! I distinctly remember going to see this with some friends and being very confused that it was just a creature feature. Which I don’t mind, just not what I was expecting

I remember being pretty sure it was about a crocodile and I never actually watched the movie.

I would say “The Village” trailers misrepresented that film. I was expecting a monster movie.

Last edited:
I have to say, this threw me off a little when I actually went to see the movie.

I remember Dusk Till Dawn completely leaving out the whole vampire part of that movie in the trailers.

I remember being pretty sure it was about a crocodile and I never actually watched the movie.

I would say “The Village” trailers misrepresented that film. I was expecting a monster movie.

I looked into it before watching when it came out so I knew it was a croc, but a lot of people didn't.

Drive with Ryan Gosling. thought it was gonna be an action movie but it really was a melodrama (and not a bad melodrama actually; just not what i was expecting or looking for).

I remember Dusk Till Dawn completely leaving out the whole vampire part of that movie in the trailers.
That was on purpose for the suprise factor.

you knew it was a Tarantino film so anything can happen anyway..

Back