In your opinion, what does Stipe have to do to surpass Fedor as the HW GOAT?

All this fuckin GOAT talk is making me sick

Its all down to opinions at the end of the day

IMO beating DC is a good step towards there but he would still need 3 or 4 more years of dominant title defenses
So stipe has to defend against 12 top notch UFC killers to equal fedor's can crushing legacy? More delusional Pride fanboi nostalgia.

For fedor haters he did it a long time ago, probably back when he got his first couple of wins. So disregarding that small minority..

Fedor is the undisputed GOAT of MMA, other than GSP. That's the only guy with a claim to the top.

When it comes to GOAT talk there tends to be a lot of recency bias, when silva was in his prime people started saying he was going to surpass fedor. When cain was destroying his opponents it was the same thing.

But one constant has always been fedor and contenders have come and gone because they were doing well at the time. 10 years from now people will be comparing another new champ to fedor. It's recency bias, it's like people saying lebron is greater than Jordan. You don't surpass the GOAT legacy that easily.

Stipe is the most recent example. If he beats DC he will be closer to it but it would take at least another 2 - 3 years of dominance for him to be compared to Fedor. He doesn't have the overall skillset of fedor but he seems to be improving with each fight so maybe he can get there. But i doubt it, HW recently seems to be a lot about who lands the punch first, and there's some dangerous young guys coming up.
So was it also recency bias to say in the 90s that Mike was better than Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain? Or even to be saying it now?

If you are just comparing where both guys were in their career after 8 years of fighting my biggest issues with Stipe are his 2 losses to Stefan and a JDS who wasn't in his prime.

I'd also favor prime Fedor to beat any guy that Stipe beat.

The lack of decent HW opponents in the UFC wont allow him to become the GOAT.

Cain is not his Crocop.

Cain is probably more like his Coleman at this point.
Yeah the injury prone Cain that's around now is but I'm talking about if Cain gets his shit together. I guess JDS could count as Stipe's Crocop then? It's only really between Stipe and Cain who the current Heavyweight GOAT is and until they fight (when they're both healthy) we will only be able to speculate who it is.

I think this post is silliness. One of the GOAT heavyweights 50-44s him and now any half decent guy of yesteryear would him eat him alive. Half the guys you mentioned wouldn't even make it to their first shot, and make no mistake, every single one of those guys would be shooting, including the strikers.

LOL. All those grapplers would take Ngannou down and grind him into dust. He has a puncher's chance with the strikers but any HW has a puncher's chance. Just about all those guys were professional kickboxers and they weren't already KO'ed 15x like the 2017 versions of Reem and Arlovski. You seem impressed with what he did to two old zombies and a young rookie, but it would be a whole different story if he actually had to fight some killers that were actually still in their primes.

At least defend it more 3 or 4 times against top contenders. Then i will give it a shot and think about it. Right now it's Fedor and isn't close.

So stipe has to defend against 12 top notch UFC killers to equal fedor's can crushing legacy? More delusional Pride fanboi nostalgia.
Legit lol'd at top notch UFC killers. Who are you talking about?The only 'killers' were prime JDS and Cain. Even Curtis Blayde couldn't hold a candle to Coleman. Fedor by armbar

Yeah the injury prone Cain that's around now is but I'm talking about if Cain gets his shit together. I guess JDS could count as Stipe's Crocop then? It's only really between Stipe and Cain who the current Heavyweight GOAT is and until they fight (when they're both healthy) we will only be able to speculate who it is.

It's pretty unlikely Cain is ever going to be the same Cain that he was before.

And his win over JDS would be more like a win over post-Gonzaga Crocop...

LOL. All those grapplers would take Ngannou down and grind him into dust. He has a puncher's chance with the strikers but any HW has a puncher's chance. Just about all those guys were professional kickboxers and they weren't already KO'ed 15x like the 2017 versions of Reem and Arlovski. You seem impressed with what he did to two old zombies and a young rookie, but it would be a whole different story if he actually had to fight some killers that were actually still in their primes.
Yes. Because Francis is so easy to outstrike and hold down.

Your underestimation of stipe makes you think because he dominated Francis that anybody could. Francis would knock those 'pro kickboxers' out just like he knocked out Overeem, an extremely high level kickboxer.

Also no chance whatsoever that Mark coleman and josh Barnett type grapplers even sniff a win against Francis.

Simple as that

I mean Randy couture? Beat Francis Ngannou? Come the fuck on, be real. He was outstrike and KO'd by Brock Lesnar. Purely through striking. Again. BE REAL.

But tbh i know we won't agree

Last edited:

Your underestimation of stipe makes you think because he dominated Francis that anybody could. Francis would knock those 'pro kickboxers' out just like he knocked out Overeem, an extremely high level kickboxer.

Also no chance whatsoever that Mark coleman and josh Barnett type grapplers even sniff a win against Francis.

Simple as that

I mean Randy couture? Beat Francis Ngannou? Come the fuck on, be real

I know we won't agree

Why are you so sure that Ngannou can outstrike and outgrapple pretty much everybody ever?

Is it because you're Stipe's biggest fan?

It sure as fuck isn't because of his resume.

Why are you so sure that Ngannou can outstrike and outgrapple pretty much everybody ever?

Is it because you're Stipe's biggest fan?

It sure as fuck isn't because of his resume.
Brock Lesnar out struck and KO'd Randy couture

But you for some reason think Randy can beat francis

And you're asking me questions

Simple as that

I mean Randy couture? Beat Francis Ngannou? Come the fuck on, be real. He was outstrike and KO'd by Brock Lesnar. Purely through striking. Again. BE REAL.

But tbh i know we won't agree
So now Stipe can take down Francis but Mark Coleman and Randy Couture can't!?!?!?!??

<{katwhu}>

Do you seem to think Stipe is now the best wrestler in MMA history and does Ngannou now suddenly have the GOAT TDD that only Stipe and Blaydes can penetrate???

Coleman and Randy would take that rookie Francis down at will. Didn't Francis even make statement that he didn't train much grappling? He is a hype train that would get exposed by any elite grappler. Stipe had 1 year of D1 wrestling and easily controlled Ngannou on the mat and against the fence. All those elite grapplers and wrestlers from the 2000s would likely finish Ngannou on the mat by sub or TKO. There's levels to this shit.

Randy lost to Brock when Randy was like 45. And Brock is an elite wrestler himself. He was trying to take Randy down for the most part. Randy stifled his wrestling game but then Brock clipped him with a big shot. Totally different fight with Randy vs Francis. Francis can't stop Randy's wrestling.

He has to dominate the division for like what 7-8 years.

I'll just admit it: he has to fight in PRIDE. I'm serious. I wonder if he'll get that done.

<Fedor23>

Back