• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

In your opinion, what does Stipe have to do to surpass Fedor as the HW GOAT?

Fedor beat old Mark Coleman twice, not to mention Jeff Monson, Pedro Rizzo. His best wins in Pride were decisions over Frankenstein nog and fucking Crocop. Delusional.

Prime nog and prime crocop were better wins then stipe wins. Stipe is beating old HW.

Those are your examples? Fedor grabbed the ropes against LINDLAND to stop a takedown and used them to setup the armbar, go watch it. Owaga bro? Sambos a good base ill give you that but cmon man he isnt taking down 6'5" 265 Ngannou,and if he did it wouldnt be long.

Ngannou is not as good as your claiming, I'm sorry. That last performance was terrible. I mean Cain off of injuries would've finish nagannou.

It's truthfully hard to compare eras. Fedor fought at a time where it was possible to rack up a lot of wins in a short period of time against less skilled opponents. At the same time, he was extremely dominant and has plenty of great wins mixed in with the less impressive wins.

Stipe, meanwhile, has been fighting in an era where the athletes are better and have more developed games and has shown a way to win against some uniquely dangerous opponents. I think a win over DC might be the one to put him over the edge. DC is the one type of fighter that he hasn't really faced yet during his past 5 years of dominance in the UFC heavyweight division.

It's truthfully hard to compare eras. Fedor fought at a time where it was possible to rack up a lot of wins in a short period of time against less skilled opponents. At the same time, he was extremely dominant and has plenty of great wins mixed in with the less impressive wins.

Stipe, meanwhile, has been fighting in an era where the athletes are better and have more developed games and has shown a way to win against some uniquely dangerous opponents. I think a win over DC might be the one to put him over the edge. DC is the one type of fighter that he hasn't really faced yet during his past 5 years of dominance in the UFC heavyweight division.
This.

Ngannou is not as good as your claiming, I'm sorry. That last performance was terrible. I mean Cain off of injuries would've finish nagannou.
Size makes a huge difference, and im not talking Zulu sized.And i never claimed Ngannou was great but hes a behemoth....all natty lol

Size makes a huge difference, and im not talking Zulu sized.And i never claimed Ngannou was great but hes a behemoth....all natty lol

Remember all HW can ko you with one punch. Fedor was one of the smallest HW of all times and was able to ko, tko, sub men much larger than him. Fedor was able to go ten years in his prime without being subbed or ko.

Fedor started to lose once his athleticism disminshed as he got older .

In the UFC and other organizations , HW are knocking each other out every other fight. The UFC record was 3 straight HW title defenses held my tim Sylvia of all people lol.

Pride started with the HW division and any old school sherdogger knows that pride had better HW fighter than UFC during the golden era.

I think alot of knew fans are just haters of fedor because they didn't watch mma during his run.

It's almost the same when they say MJ wasn't good or wasn't one of the best nba players of all time...... I'm like wut??

Fedor is the goat, deal with it.

Prime nog and prime crocop were better wins then stipe wins. Stipe is beating old HW.
Maybe but its
Remember all HW can ko you with one punch. Fedor was one of the smallest HW of all times and was able to ko, tko, sub men much larger than him. Fedor was able to go ten years in his prime without being subbed or ko.

Fedor started to lose once his athleticism disminshed as he got older .

In the UFC and other organizations , HW are knocking each other out every other fight. The UFC record was 3 straight HW title defenses held my tim Sylvia of all people lol.

Pride started with the HW division and any old school sherdogger knows that pride had better HW fighter than UFC during the golden era.

I think alot of knew fans are just haters of fedor because they didn't watch mma during his run.

It's almost the same when they say MJ wasn't good or wasn't one of the best nba players of all time...... I'm an wut??

Fedor is the goat, deal with it.
I was around for Pride, i remember alot of awesome fighters but also alot of cans. Im done arguing with you its like chasing a fucking tail. Ive seen most top org MMA fights since mid Pride days so im not retarded on the subject. All of heavyweight was an unpolished turd of except for a few guys like Fedor and yes he was king at heavyweight at that time. Of course as soon as he loses hes out of his prime.Does that make him GOAT? Maybe, im tired of arguing about it, i actually like Fedor lol. He would have a hard time at heavyweight these days and the division is still weak.

For fedor haters he did it a long time ago, probably back when he got his first couple of wins. So disregarding that small minority..

Fedor is the undisputed GOAT of MMA, other than GSP. That's the only guy with a claim to the top.

When it comes to GOAT talk there tends to be a lot of recency bias, when silva was in his prime people started saying he was going to surpass fedor. When cain was destroying his opponents it was the same thing.

But one constant has always been fedor and contenders have come and gone because they were doing well at the time. 10 years from now people will be comparing another new champ to fedor. It's recency bias, it's like people saying lebron is greater than Jordan. You don't surpass the GOAT legacy that easily.

Stipe is the most recent example. If he beats DC he will be closer to it but it would take at least another 2 - 3 years of dominance for him to be compared to Fedor. He doesn't have the overall skillset of fedor but he seems to be improving with each fight so maybe he can get there. But i doubt it, HW recently seems to be a lot about who lands the punch first, and there's some dangerous young guys coming up.

You do realize that stipe got more title defense than fedor right?
And beating dc would make him above fedor in a lot of people eyes.hell even a lot of people in current mma community outside of sherdog fedor cults think stipe is the hw goat
And let’s be honest,no matter who stipe beat. Insecure fedor fans would always nitpick on every stipe wins.

I-dont-remember-asking-you-a-goddamn-thing-samual-l-jackson.gif

Seriously though, that post is 100% accurate as far as I'm concerned. Stipe can continue this run with wins over DC, Blaydes and the rest of the top 15 that he hasn't already beat and retire with the belt, there will still be a contingent of fans that feel Fedor's run was more memorable, and there will still be fans that felt Stipe surpassed Fedor when he beat Ngannou.

Of course as soon as he loses hes out of his prime.Does that make him GOAT? Maybe, im tired of arguing about it, i actually like Fedor lol. He would have a hard time at heavyweight these days and the division is still weak.

You may like Fedor but your arguments are dead wrong and lack any substance. If you have really been watching since pride you must have been some kind of casual, because i haven't known any real fans since those days make these kinds of arguments.

Fedor today would absolutely get destroyed at HW, but that's todays version of him. His best version from 10 years ago would hold the belt in the current division.

Even stipe caught something hot from Francis once or twice. Francis has unbelievable size and hand speed. I don't necessarily believe nogueira would have been able to survive the early onslaught. Francis is no Bob Sapp.
Nog had arguably the GOAT chin, GOAT recovery and he had very good boxing. I wouldn't be worried at all about Nog. I would be more worried about Ngannou having a heart attack trying to keep pace in a 10 minute first round. Ngannou would get eaten alive by all the good grapplers back then like Barnett, Ricco, Coleman, Erikson, Randy, Mir, Fedor, Nog, Werdum. He would also be an underdog against strikers like Aleks, Sergei, Cro Cop, Schilt, Hunt, Pedro, Yvel. I would also favor the next generation guys over Francis like JDS, Cain, Roy, Ben, Carwin, Brock. Even Kongo might be a good fight. Ngannou is a rookie compared to all those guys

Stipe does not need to beat Cain. SMH. Cain's is not even top 5, he's turned into a "what could have been"

Step 1: Fight in a promotion with good hws in their prime.

Step 2: unnecesary.. step 1 is not happening.

Nog had arguably the GOAT chin, GOAT recovery and he had very good boxing. I wouldn't be worried at all about Nog. I would be more worried about Ngannou having a heart attack trying to keep pace in a 10 minute first round. Ngannou would get eaten alive by all the good grapplers back then like Barnett, Ricco, Coleman, Erikson, Randy, Mir, Fedor, Nog, Werdum. He would also be an underdog against strikers like Aleks, Sergei, Cro Cop, Schilt, Hunt, Pedro, Yvel. I would also favor the next generation guys over Francis like JDS, Cain, Roy, Ben, Carwin, Brock. Even Kongo might be a good fight. Ngannou is a rookie compared to all those guys
I think this post is silliness. One of the GOAT heavyweights 50-44s him and now any half decent guy of yesteryear would him eat him alive. Half the guys you mentioned wouldn't even make it to their first shot, and make no mistake, every single one of those guys would be shooting, including the strikers.

Sure he’s the goat in a lot of sherdogger eye but no one think that outside of this forum
Huh.. that's not true. Lots of UFC fighters and Pride fighters and referees and Sport journalists said Fedor is the greatest of all time. You are a shell, a pathetic shell that talks shit out his ass and is butthurt for no reason.

GSP, ANDERSON SILVA, AND JON JONES all called Fedor GOAT more than once in interviews. These are the most consensus guys to be called GOAT in the modern era.

Fedor is [usually] your favorite fighter's favorite fighter, and it's not even close.

Why is it I barely remember any of Stipe's fights..?

Maybe but its

I was around for Pride, i remember alot of awesome fighters but also alot of cans. Im done arguing with you its like chasing a fucking tail. Ive seen most top org MMA fights since mid Pride days so im not retarded on the subject. All of heavyweight was an unpolished turd of except for a few guys like Fedor and yes he was king at heavyweight at that time. Of course as soon as he loses hes out of his prime.Does that make him GOAT? Maybe, im tired of arguing about it, i actually like Fedor lol. He would have a hard time at heavyweight these days and the division is still weak.

Umm alot of the old hw are currently in the UFC lol. The division sucks man.

Back