In which game you have the most success when competing online?

Nameless King

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Or what kind of games you are good in general.

Genre wise its hard to tell because each game plays differently for example in shooters like CSGO, Rainbow Six, I am someone you dont want in your team. But in casual shooters like L4D2, Q3A, first couple CODs games I had some success indeed but was ages ago and didn't really played anything new online.

RTS/Strategy game I had the most success. Warcraft 3, Civ5 and USF4 as an arcade.

Don't really MP any more unless its Coop.

I stilll race a lot online though and win a lot so Forza Horizon series.

Remember kids "rubbing is racing."

I was a master at the original doom games. Then the tram fortress games.

Did starcraft for a bit, but got my ass kicked real quick and consistently.

Played diablo a lot, but thats coop.

I was balls in in City of Heroes/Villains. That was the only.multiplayer game i ever purchased at $40-50, then paid a monthly fee. When the servers shut down, my discs became mug coasters.

Thats when i realized you gotta be a special kind of tard to buy a multiplayer only game, with no campaign.

UFC Undisputed 2010
Stayed in the top 10 for some weeks

At the moment, "Fight Night Champion". Not great or anything, but I can hold my own and have about a 75% win percentage. Pretty small pool of players these days, though.

I was really good at "Skate 2" as well. Pretty much mopped the floor with anyone who wasn't elite. I'm generally pretty good with games that have that "full analog control" type of scheme.

Best I ever got at a game though, was NHL2K4. Top 5 in the world at one point, but that was also back when XBL was in it's infancy.

I was really damn good at the Myth games as a teenager online. They were crazy competitive too. I was also stupid good at COD MW 1 and 2 back in the day. Not especially great at anything anymore though

I was pretty good at Counter Strike from 1999-2002.

I played a lot of Black Ops 2 from 2012-2015, was decent at that.

HL2 deathmatch was when I was really into online gaming. I did pretty well at UFC 3. Mostly I like single player games, though.

Tallest feather in my online cap would be Rebellion's Sniper Elite 3-4 – my best comp mods incl. no aim-assist which demands figuring for distance, elevation, windage, material penetration and commonly splits active sessions into one group or the other; highest obtained rank was in the four digits at one point (nothing remarkable) but it's also calculatingly cold-blooded with virtually no error margin (*seven-minute silence *leaf rustle *half-second scope glint *eyeshot *kill) so looking back, I held my own.

The Division 2 is at time of writing the only MP ring I throw my hat into; I'm skilled but there are always players a tier above who I down only in environmental favour or some one-off cleverness that surprises even me. I like to think the embitterment of losing to truly great players keeps me going, aaayyy. Lol

I'm interested in the MP of Hell Let Loose, a WWII PC FPS centring about moderately-paced, squad-based engagement; have been eyeing that more and more. Looks fantastic and up my alley.

I got kicked off of counterstrike back in the day for cheating when I wasn't a few times. That was the pinnacle of my online career lol.

Nowadays the only thing I'd say I'm better than than the average casual gamer is GT Sport.

I got kicked off of counterstrike back in the day for cheating when I wasn't a few times. That was the pinnacle of my online career lol.

I was in a clan in high-school; on our server I used to change my name all the time to mess with the regulars. Eventually someone would complain that I was cheating, then I'd console my name back to my actual name w/ tag and then give em' a hard time.

There was another dude in our clan that I legit thought was cheating for awhile. He wasn't, he wasn't even the best we had, but he just happened to have my number. Whenever he and I would one-on-one he'd kick my ass sideways. I got really salty lol.

Man, good times.

I was in a clan in high-school; on our server I used to change my name all the time to mess with the regulars. Eventually someone would complain that I was cheating, then I'd console my name back to my actual name w/ tag and then give em' a hard time.

There was another dude in our clan that I legit thought was cheating for awhile. He wasn't, he wasn't even the best we had, but he just happened to have my number. Whenever he and I would one-on-one he'd kick my ass sideways. I got really salty lol.

Man, good times.

Lmao Reminds me some time ago i mustve been 18-19yo but just started online gaming pretty much,started running with these younger kids who mustve been 13-14 had their clan in COD said they been sponsered for tourneys before and placed.

I run with these kids until the invites stop showing up so im thinking if i am not good enough ill join against their clan and prove my worth.

Bad idea because i would completly turn the tide on these fools and they would ALWAYS leave the matches,a few too many times then they start sending some childish messages talking like some 9yo who must think im the new step daddy or some shit.

FUN TIMES!!

Was pretty much married at 15yo always on the hussle/grind since a young buck,so the trash talk was laughable and enjoyable on most occasions...

"Dude! Get a GF!" "Get a life!"

Get better at hand to eye cordination ya goofs lol and it didnt help when i hooked up to the matrix i was really in the zone (blazed up like a madman).

Lmao Reminds me some time ago i mustve been 18-19yo but just started online gaming pretty much,started running with these younger kids who mustve been 13-14 had their clan in COD said they been sponsered for tourneys before and placed.

I run with these kids until the invites stop showing up so im thinking if i am not good enough ill join against their clan and prove my worth.

Bad idea because i would completly turn the tide on these fools and they would ALWAYS leave the matches,a few too many times then they start sending some childish messages talking like some 9yo who must think im the new step daddy or some shit.

FUN TIMES!!

Was pretty much married at 15yo always on the hussle/grind since a young buck,so the trash talk was laughable and enjoyable on most occasions...

"Dude! Get a GF!" "Get a life!"

Get better at hand to eye cordination ya goofs lol and it didnt help when i hooked up to the matrix i was really in the zone (blazed up like a madman).

@Strychnine just HAD to on this one lmao

You can imagine the younger version of MohawkMauler aka LilHalfDead going all out on these fools :D:D:D

I got pretty good at Halo 3. Tried out for a semi pro team... Got rekt haha.

I was really good at social/ranked, usually lead the game in kills, good at objective maps etc, but once you get to pro levels it's just a whole different world.

These days I feel like I'm pretty good at Overwatch, but I don't really play much ranked. I'm stuck in lower ranks and I swear it's harder to rank up because you're forced to play with retards... Although it's entirely possible my teammates think the same of me haha. All I know is that when I play with a friend who's ranked FAR higher I more than hold my own.

I've actually got a pretty sweet spot in terms of rankings right now. Right in the middle. So not stuck with compete mouth breathers, but also not so high up that you're surrounded by toxic try hards. Easier to just play and have fun. Which I guess is the point, right?

<Fedor23>

Oh, and I won a game of PUBG during the 2018 PGI charity tournament, in a big arena. Killed some pretty big names, won some money for charity. That's definitely my video game career high point... But I'm actually pretty trash at pubg at this point, despite my 700hrs of gameplay.

Last edited:
Or what kind of games you are good in general.

Genre wise its hard to tell because each game plays differently for example in shooters like CSGO, Rainbow Six, I am someone you dont want in your team. But in casual shooters like L4D2, Q3A, first couple CODs games I had some success indeed but was ages ago and didn't really played anything new online.

RTS/Strategy game I had the most success. Warcraft 3, Civ5 and USF4 as an arcade.

I was ranked #13 on case's ladder for Jedi Knight no force sabers 1 vs 1. Best game ever. Real chess. It will never be replicated.
Back then you were dealing with 200-400 ms lag. So you had to hit where they were ABOUT to be. So fucking good. And 2 hits and you were dead.

Don't really MP any more unless its Coop.

I stilll race a lot online though and win a lot so Forza Horizon series.

Remember kids "rubbing is racing."
Same here. GTA or Forza was really it. I can't stand playing PvP 90 percent of the time unless I'm playing with people I know.

I used to be pretty good at Halo 2 and 3 online, I'd usually finish 1st or 2nd most games.

Don't really play much online any more, I'm more into single player turn based RTS or RPG games now.

I've enjoyed watching pro-gamers play online, but its not something I've had alot of fun with in the past.

I'm VERY competitive, but don't have time to - as the kids say - 'get good.'

I have had about 500 hours in CSGO, in the casual 10v10 games. They're always fun for gamers like me who are over-average but don't want to dedicate the time to otherwise be the worst player of a 5-person team.

I was good at the UFC THQ games. I was ranked #12 in the world at one time on the first one. I never played ranked matches on UFC Undisputed 2010, or UFC 3 though; because people stopped playing me on the first one because of my good record.

It was awesome beating some of the top players in a non-ranked match with a record of 0-0 though. Some would get really pissed or just rage quit. I even beat the #1 guy in the world on UFC Undisputed 3. I can't get into the EA UFC games though. They should have just stuck to fight night.

Back