In the unfortunate scenario that Silva resurfaces back in Bellator...

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
And suddenly he looks slicker and with a better physique, how many people will turn on him that haven't already? I've been ignoring the fact that he's failed tests since I'm a fan but if he comes back and is obviously using I might have to reconsider his career. Anyone else feel that way?

Dana was asked about this, it seems it wasnt Silva's last fight on his contract...he cant go fight for Bellator unless the UFC lets him go, Dana said no.

Maybe he's already on the juice and still lost ? Who cares about USADA when it's your final fight, like Brock against Hunt because he knew it was a one fight deal.

I don't think Bellator will go for it. They seem to be moving away from the famous vet signings lately.

I think someone is making decisions over Coker's head tbh.

Dana was asked about this, it seems it wasnt Silva's last fight on his contract...he cant go fight for Bellator unless the UFC lets him go, Dana said no.
He will just take another fight in the UFC and be done with them, they have to offer Silva 3 fights a year or his contract is null.

And suddenly he looks slicker and with a better physique, how many people will turn on him that haven't already? I've been ignoring the fact that he's failed tests since I'm a fan but if he comes back and is obviously using I might have to reconsider his career. Anyone else feel that way?
There is a divide that is now coming to light in mma. There are the 'PED era' fighters and todays modern fighters (thats not to say that some modern mma fighters don't take peds but it is becoming less and less common). Anderson was from an era where peds 'is normal'. So I really don't think his positive tests should reflect on his legacy as a fighter. He was just playing the game that was presented to him at the time..

Anderson was from the ped era, where he fought other guys on peds..fair game imo..

There is a divide that is now coming to light in mma. There are the 'PED era' fighters and todays modern fighters (thats not to say that some modern mma fighters don't take peds but it is becoming less and less common). Anderson was from an era where peds 'is normal'. So I really don't think his positive tests should reflect on his legacy as a fighter. He was just playing the game that was presented to him at the time..

Anderson was from the ped era, where he fought other guys on peds..fair game imo..
That makes sense

He will just take another fight in the UFC and be done with them, they have to offer Silva 3 fights a year or his contract is null.
That is a good point, would they just keep offering him fights he might not take? They will try their best to keep him from going with Bellator, Dana doesnt seem to be interested in him to continue fighting, i guess they cant stop him if thats what he wants to do.

If he comes back Scott Coker will look like one of the Biggest Dicks in the MMA World, and for once the Heat he'll get will rival Dana and give him a break lol.

I don't think Scott would do that though, anyone who signs Silva going forward is just taking advantage of the fact that he's addicted to fighting and isn't surrounding himself with people strong enough to tell him to stop. His own Family needs to stop him.

Letting Silva fight again is assisted suicide.

I thought he looked great last night but fuck I hope not. There are no necessary fights left for him at this age.

If he comes out looking like LHW Rumble then I’d probably lose it. Probably turn a blind eye if he looked slicker, as I’d say that’s due to him facing lesser comp

If they don't let him go they have to offer him 3 fights a year. Learn how contracts work.

If they weren't going to release him, Dana wouldn't be saying he hopes other orgs don't sign him.
He was ask about terminating the contract, and he was negative about it, everyone on sherdog knows that they "have" to offer 3 fights per year, that doesnt mean they will be good fights for him to take.

Back