In terms of raw talent WW does not compare to LW

I've been saying this forever but no, "Poirier is a black belt".

News flash sherdog, nearly everybody in the UFC is either a black belt or a wrestler. There's levels to that shit
Having a black belt isn’t that impressive it’s just sticking with BJJ for 8+ years and anyone can get one. I literally mean any person can get a black belt if you train long enough. And I actually train I’m not just speaking out my ass, I know black belts who are defiantly better than white/blue belts but they aren’t crazy good at BJJ. There’s a difference between a black belt and someone who has an elite ground game.

It’s not some sacred thing people pretend it is. Conor will have a black belt in a few years he’s been a brown belt for awhile, doesn’t mean he’s a master grappler.

Lw top ten has poo pop wrestlers in comparison. Ww has more rounded fighters. More fighters can actually pose a credible threat to the Nigerian nightmare.

Bantamweight shits in 155's mouth from a 54 story building.

Khabib has achieved more dominance in his division than any other current UFC champ save from Jon Jones. The top 5 at LW have all had a belt (in some form) around their waste and are all killers. Welterweight has far regressed since GSP. Lawler who was never elite won the belt, Woodley held on to the belt for years by beating 1 dimensional fighters like Thompson, Till and Maia, all 3 got starched by lightweights fairly easily. Gilbert Burns who is fighting for a belt and could very well be the next champion at 170, got rekt by Dan Hooker in 1 round, Masvidal a career journeyman who lost to fringe top 10 Al Iaquinta is in the top 3 (controversial decision or not). WW for the most part has good fighters but it is the inferior beta division compared to 155
The same Lawler that put on some of the the greatest wars in WW history against freakin prime Hendricks, Macdonald and Condit was never elite? Plus numerous other good wins like Ellenberger, Koscheck, etc. Yeah in his late 30’s after almost 2 decades of wars he was bound to slow down, but gtfo on Lawler never being elite. Dude is a top 5 or 6 WW all time on almost any legit list.

I also believe LW is the most stacked division because LW has the most MMA fighters (counting ALL MMA practitioners, not only UFC).

WW is second.

Absolutely, but 99% of the time someone can make a point without going full retard.
Yeah sherdog is better with people not going full retard. A lot of the fans in other places are full of fake tough guys who just wanna argue and shit talk fighters. I love the sports but the fans are horrid sometimes.

Back