in front of Serra!!!!

blkhand

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Damn kid got put to sleep in front of a jiu jitsu legend.
I won't sleep on ya clarke

Clarke was getting dominated and pulled that out. Crazy.

good lookin sub off his back, nice job mitch. I think Al got a bit overconfident there though, gotta respect a guy with good subs.

good lookin sub off his back, nice job mitch. I think Al got a bit overconfident there though, gotta respect a guy with good subs.

Yeah he was completely lax coming into the 2nd round.

Yea my man was definitely playing possum on the bottom.
Had grip control and all he knew what he was doing.

Then he sat up like he was going for a guillotine al defends by hopping to the side to pass then boom.
that was sick my mouth dropped.

Serras jits is overrated. Who has he subbed?

Longo and Serra got one champion and all of a sudden they are The Shit?

Good to see less than a mediocre fighter like Iaquinta put into his place.

the ignorance is strong in this thread, lol.

Just poor fight IQ by Iaquinta. He had a clear advantage on the feet, but seemed like he was out to try to prove some kind of point playing around on the ground and he paid for it with his consciousness.

This.

Where's proof of this legendary status?

Serra is a medalist at both the national / pan am and world level in the gi and a medalist in ADCC. He's beaten world class grapplers before he even formally fought in MMA.

I can't imagine what other proof you would need considering he competed and won at the absolute highest levels of grappling.

As it turns out, Serra has fantastical knockout power, which is why you've seen him trade leather so often in MMA as opposed to going for subs. Early in his career he won nearly all his fights via submission.

He's never been submitted in MMA.

Are you guys really questioning Serra's BJJ credentials? Wow.

On top of all of his tournament wins and medals I believe he was Renzos' first American black belt ever, a longggggg time ago.

Just poor fight IQ by Iaquinta. He had a clear advantage on the feet, but seemed like he was out to try to prove some kind of point playing around on the ground and he paid for it with his consciousness.

It's one of those ironic moments where Rogan predicts the future - he kept questioning his decision to hang in the guard of a good submission guy when he was clearly winning on the feet.

Definitely a fight IQ issue but I think Al is a work in progress, he's got potential.

Excellent looking submission. That's what I love about MMA. Get busted up for awhile and then pull out the win.

Back