In combat sports there are Athletes, and there are Fighters

The only thing athletic in Roy is an overhand right from hell and his ability to cut in line at Burger Kng to get 4 whoppers.
Roy also got chin. Hell of a chin.
tumblr_o9zog9cXNw1qa33wlo1_500.gif

You're born a fighter, but can be made an athlete. Like Eddie Alvarez for example, great athlete but a true fighter at heart.

i don't think you guys understand what all of them go through to get ready to fight. it's embarrassing for you to deny any of them are fighters. most of you would never go back after a single training session.

i don't think you guys understand what all of them go through to get ready to fight. it's embarrassing for you to deny any of them are fighters. most of you would never go back after a single training session.

You're missing the point. TS likely failed to mention he got his idea from Dan Hardy who gives a good explanation to the difference of the two (and better labels). Also, both athletes and fighters can work their butts off during training, so it's not about the effort they put in.

You're missing the point. TS likely failed to mention he got his idea from Dan Hardy who gives a good explanation to the difference of the two (and better labels). Also, both athletes and fighters can work their butts off during training, so it's not about the effort they put in.

The concept of the fighter vs the athlete has been around since early the early days of pugilism, never saw that bit from Dan Hardy until now, but it's interesting and I agree Tyrone does approach the game like an athlete. We keep hearing how Till is a fighter but I want to see more from him.

The concept of the fighter vs the athlete has been around since early the early days of pugilism, never saw that bit from Dan Hardy until now, but it's interesting and I agree Tyrone does approach the game like an athlete. We keep hearing how Till is a fighter but I want to see more from him.

Well, then it was just a coincidence you happened to make this thread after that vid got released.

I'm sure it was also a concept during the days of pankration and even before that.

Or maybe GSP "donkey kongs" Nick's head on the fucking concrete repeatedly.

Its a stupid cop out Diaz brother fans use to justify them losing decisions.
Dude I was joking relax.

I remember saying this years ago. I still believe it. Athletes are highly skilled. Fighters are highly violent. That's my oversimplified view of things. Neither is inherently better than the other. It still comes down to the individual to put it all together.

LOL. Just stop.

The Diaz brothers have never lost.

You made up a quote and you got triggered....by your own quote. lol
Sherdogers are such special creatures.

Don't see how Tim Kennedy is on the athletes list. he was, and still is, a fighter. Staff Seargent (I think that is his rank) Spec ops sniper, and green beret. He loved fighting. If he's not a fighter I don't know who is

Okay try to meet me halfway here.

COol he likes to do army stuff and kill animals, im sure he has an inclination toward violence..........

but he usually relied on being able to outmuscle and physically impose his strength (he had quite the build for it), and his offense seemed to revolve around that.

Okay try to meet me halfway here.

COol he likes to do army stuff and kill animals, im sure he has an inclination toward violence..........

but he usually relied on being able to outmuscle and physically impose his strength (he had quite the build for it), and his offense seemed to revolve around that.

Yeah, I'll agree with you there but Tim Kennedy went out to fight, he wasn't in there for a decision win...

Yeah, I'll agree with you there but Tim Kennedy went out to fight, he wasn't in there for a decision win...

yeah hes a madman hes definitely no GSP style fighter... as far as im concerned he KO'd Yoel who is like the UFC's most terrifying athlete/fighter hyrid monster

Back