Conor-McGregor-vs-Nate-Diaz.jpg

USATSI_9673498_168382968_lowres.jpg

Romero is both

He may be the best athlete in the UFC today

Athlete: Lesnar
Fighter: Cain

Romero is both

He may be the best athlete in the UFC today
I mean, everyone competing at a high level is athletic, but the thing that separates fighters from athletes is the mind.

Athletes approach it like a sport, fighters want to inflict harm.

I mean, everyone competing at a high level is athletic, but the thing that separates fighters from athletes is the mind.

Athletes approach it like a sport, fighters want to inflict harm.
Eh

There are some pretty shit "athletes" in the UFC

Athlete who gives up when the going gets tough and taps
tumblr_mqznvbBKnN1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Fighter who goes out fighting even when there's no hope
7RNAd5pUyBj44.gif

Warrior = fighter who gets stomped down and still comes back for more

Anderson silva coming back after a KO then Leg snap, fuck me that's a warrior

Cheik Kongo KOing Pat Barry

All of chris lebens fights pretty much

*Not warriors

Brock lesnar running away once he gets tagged a little bit
Ronda Rousey running off with a pillow after she got destroyed for the first time

Let's post some examples

Athletes
069_Stephen_Thompson_vs_Jorge_Masvidal.0.jpg

547105862.jpg.0.jpg

Fighters

Conor-McGregor-vs-Nate-Diaz.jpg

USATSI_9673498_168382968_lowres.jpg
I know you have a rep for shit threads, but this is not one of them. Bravo sir. We also have welfare bums who pretend to be fighters.
Conor-McGregor-1012804.jpg

There are athletes, martial artists, and fighters and then there is a blend of martial artist/athletes like Sage.

Some people are in mma because they love to compete and win and others are in it because they just love to fight.

When I think of a true fighter I think of a guy like Robbie Lawler a guy who never really goes away, like how he overcame getting his leg picked apart by Melvin Manhoef to land that brutal knockout. Or his war with Rory where it looked ugly for him at times in rounds 3 and 4 until he came back and ended the fight before the end of the 5th round.

I know you have a rep for shit threads, but this is not one of them. Bravo sir. We also have welfare bums who pretend to be fighters.
Conor-McGregor-1012804.jpg

Do better my guy.

There are athletes, martial artists, and fighters and then there is a blend of martial artist/athletes like Sage.

Some people are in mma because they love to compete and win and others are in it because they just love to fight.

When I think of a true fighter I think of a guy like Robbie Lawler a guy who never really goes away, like how he overcame getting his leg picked apart by Melvin Manhoef to land that brutal knockout. Or his war with Rory where it looked ugly for him at times in rounds 3 and 4 until he came back and ended the fight before the end of the 5th round.
Scholar and gentleman. Sorry you are 1/1000 of typical mma fans.

I would amend that to include Martial Artist. IMO every competitor is some combination of athlete, fighter, and/or martial artist.

Warrior = fighter who gets stomped down and still comes back for more

Anderson silva coming back after a KO then Leg snap, fuck me that's a warrior

Cheik Kongo KOing Pat Barry

All of chris lebens fights pretty much

*Not warriors

Brock lesnar running away once he gets tagged a little bit
Ronda Rousey running off with a pillow after she got destroyed for the first time
It's 11 30 pm, PST. . You, sir, win the internet for me today.

Back