In BJJ class, have you ever...

Just because they're illegal in IBJJF tournaments doesn't mean you shouldn't use them while training.

IBJJF matches 5-10 minutes of roll time for each match.

Training - 1-2 hours of rolling per day.

Much higher chance of hurting the boys in class.

where do you go that you roll for 1-2 hours? are you talking like live training/open mat time or is your class like 3 hours long?

we only roll for 10 mins after class lol.

Our classes are in 3 hour blocks.

1 hour of instruction followed by 2 hours of open mat.

Our classes are in 3 hour blocks.

1 hour of instruction followed by 2 hours of open mat.

thats cool i wish our roll/open mat time was longer, at the very least 30 mins. where do you train at?

Much higher chance of injuring your training partner too. ;) Its illegal for a reason ;)

Well you could hurt your opponent because in a competition you would crank shit as fast and hard as possible to win a match, in class you wouldn't.

I assume you're referring to when people use the cup as a fulcrum. Well, you shouldn't use it as one anyways because its the wrong technique.

thats cool i wish our roll/open mat time was longer, at the very least 30 mins. where do you train at?

I train at a bjj only school so we don't have to clear off the mats for kickboxing, karate, or mma classes. Its just bjj for 3 hours during the day and 3 hours at night, 5 days a week plus 2 hours on saturdays.:)

Not to mention, yesterday I got heel kicked in the groin when some dude tried throwing a hook in from back control.

This has happened to me twice, but they never hit my nutsack, they just kick me in the "gooch".... Hurts like hell, but I don't think a cup would help there :icon_chee

I never wear a cup, never worn one and don't see a need to. My package may get squashed, but I've never gotten hit bad enough to hurt. I'm really not a fan of rolling with guys who wear a cup, I usually end up getting hurt by the cup some way or another.

Just don't be retarded and wear a cup you will get used to it.

I never wore a cup, but once I was trying to pass a dude's guard and stepped on my nuts. I passed anyway. Besides, it's not like I actually use my balls for anything in life.

I'm a girl, so this doesn't really pertain to me. But, I am always nervous about hurting a guy. I am still pretty new at BJJ, so I'm not particularly....graceful...and I came pretty close to full out kneeing my instructor once.

It was when I was drilling the elevator sweep. Moved my knee just in the knick of time, luckily for him (me?).

Oops.

Back