In BJJ class, have you ever...

S

Splatterbeast

had your nuts crushed while having a guy in guard and he's trying to break out of it? its not like "ZOMFG!!11" type pain, but it definitely loosens/breaks my guard as I'm trying to reposition so that his knee isn't ending up on my gooch.

what do you guys do to avoid this besides wearing a cup?

Train more.
I know it sounds strange, but you'll get used to keeping your boys out of danger.

Getting the left n*u*t cracked - $5
Getting the right n*u*t stomped on - $9
Athletic cup - priceless

Getting the left n*u*t cracked - $5
Getting the right n*u*t stomped on - $9
Athletic cup - priceless

its probably more like

athletic cup -$9
getting your nuts crushed - no telling how much money you'll be spending on surgery trying to repair those bad boys :icon_sad:

its probably more like

athletic cup -$9
getting your nuts crushed - no telling how much money you'll be spending on surgery trying to repair those bad boys :icon_sad:

I stand corrected. Also without one, my bad boys would be directly touching his bad boys.....BJJ is the best fighting art in the world, but you all have to admit, when you get down to it, it's a bunch of guys rolling around in miss*ionary and dog*g*ie style. Kinda like rough man-on-man s*x

its probably more like

athletic cup -$9

My little brother was playing in a high school lacrosse game without a cup and he got hit by the ball full force in the nuts. His left testicle literally exploded and his scrotum swelled up to the size of a grapefruit. When the doctors examined it with ultrasound he said the inside looked "like scrambled eggs."

Luckily for him the surgeon was able to cut open his scrotum, drain out the blood, and then sew his testicle back together, so he was able to keep both the boys. I have no idea how much it cost since we had health insurance. But it's a pretty gross story, huh?

Train more.
I know it sounds strange, but you'll get used to keeping your boys out of danger.

i agree. situational awareness helps you avoid putting your nuts into danger.

i agree. situational awareness helps you avoid putting your nuts into danger.

ill probably go with your guys' advice. i dont wanna get too comfy with the cup, then one day have to defend myself without it and get into trouble because im not used to training without it. kinda like training no gi.

to each his own. some of the guys i roll with wear them, some of them dont. my instructor rolls with everyone (even the spazzing noobs) and doesnt wear a cup...

My little brother was playing in a high school lacrosse game without a cup and he got hit by the ball full force in the nuts. His left testicle literally exploded and his scrotum swelled up to the size of a grapefruit. When the doctors examined it with ultrasound he said the inside looked "like scrambled eggs."

Luckily for him the surgeon was able to cut open his scrotum, drain out the blood, and then sew his testicle back together, so he was able to keep both the boys. I have no idea how much it cost since we had health insurance. But it's a pretty gross story, huh?

This made me laugh REALLY hard.

had your nuts crushed while having a guy in guard and he's trying to break out of it? its not like "ZOMFG!!11" type pain, but it definitely loosens/breaks my guard as I'm trying to reposition so that his knee isn't ending up on my gooch.

what do you guys do to avoid this besides wearing a cup?

you should probably go to a vet and get neutered.

it happens by accident but the more you drill/roll, the more you'll develop the knack for how to avoid the nutcrusher

I think you just convinced me to buy a "Spider Guard"
SPIDER GUARD SUPPORTER WITH WEB FLEX CUP

Not to mention, yesterday I got heel kicked in the groin when some dude tried throwing a hook in from back control.

it happens by accident but the more you drill/roll, the more you'll develop the knack for how to avoid the nutcrusher

oh good, phew... for a moment there i thought you were going to say id develop callouses there and it wouldnt bother so much.

When wearing a cup ive been hurt less often, but when the cup moves the pain is usually much worse when it does happen.

I don't wear one anymore.

Cups are illegal at IBJJF comps. Get used to having your balls squashed.

Cups are illegal at IBJJF comps. Get used to having your balls squashed.

Just because they're illegal in IBJJF tournaments doesn't mean you shouldn't use them while training.

IBJJF matches 5-10 minutes of roll time for each match.

Training - 1-2 hours of rolling per day.

Much higher chance of hurting the boys in class.

I never wear a cup, and it's never been an issue.

Just because they're illegal in IBJJF tournaments doesn't mean you shouldn't use them while training.

IBJJF matches 5-10 minutes of roll time for each match.

Training - 1-2 hours of rolling per day.

Much higher chance of hurting the boys in class.

Much higher chance of injuring your training partner too. ;) Its illegal for a reason ;)

Shits Brutal

Back