In 2007, Nick Diaz fought Takanori Gomi completely blazed

Tell that to all the NFL players that smoke weed every day to help alleviate the absurd amount of pain they live with while a football season is going on. There have been dozens of players that have literally retired in their 20s because their bodies couldn't handle the pain without marijuana.

Also the first ever Olympic snowboarding gold medalist won his medal while completely baked and had his medal stripped. Clearly smoking weed had it's advantages for this man.
Isn't it considered an psychoactive drug? I think results very a great deal. Some people can't spell their name while high. Some channel it and actually score higher (no pun intended) on tests. I think weed evokes results all over the board. Wouldn't be surprised if it helps diaz or the Olympic snowboarder you speak of. It's different for everyone.

Isn't it considered an psychoactive drug? I think results very a great deal. Some people can't spell their name while high. Some channel it and actually score higher (no pun intended) on tests. I think weed evokes results all over the board. Wouldn't be surprised if it helps diaz or the Olympic snowboarder you speak of. It's different for everyone.
Results absolutely vary, which is why most sports treat it as a PED.

I personally don't care about any PED usage, so I wouldn't care if any athlete was baked, but there are absolutely potential advantages to using it before a fist fight.

Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz from the year 2007. This MMA fight HAS TO be a top contender for "Most exciting MMA fight that ended in a NO CONTEST."

Needless to say, Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz ended in a NO CONTEST. I've watched so many MMA fights from both of these assassins. I always think that they're true, real soldiers (at least, they are in the ring anyway).

There are rumors that Nick Diaz might return to have an MMA fight against Conor McGregor. I wonder what would happen in that MMA fight.

It is a shame that both Diaz brothers wasted much of their prime fighting years on the side line bitching and complaining.

If the guy had actually fought just one time in my 3-4 years watching the big fights. Maybe I’d give a damn. Conor has had a cpl fights in my time. He was completely squashed in one against the champ. GSP has had one fight in my time and went up in weight after a long time away to win the belt.

But this guy has never fought in my time and has never held a UFC belt.

tenor.gif

I totally understand that when it happens before your time, it doesn’t feel the same. Just know that Gomi was considered by many to be the best lightweight fighter in the world at that time, and Diaz eventually whooped him in an exciting back and forth fight. One of the top 25 fights of all time perhaps.

I totally understand that when it happens before your time, it doesn’t feel the same. Just know that Gomi was considered by many to be the best lightweight fighter in the world at that time, and Diaz eventually whooped him in an exciting back and forth fight. One of the top 25 fights of all time perhaps.

Understood. Thanks for the post.

It is a shame that both Diaz brothers wasted much of their prime fighting years on the side line bitching and complaining.

From a fan perspective, I agree. But from their perspective, they’re probably earning decent money teaching martial arts, without getting brain damage and ripped off by a company notorious for not paying their fighters fairly. It’s equally the UFC’s fault we haven’t seen more of the Diaz brothers and other great fighters. For literally decades the UFC has had fighters walk away due to low pay.

He won the fight, he was at a disadvantage if he was high. literally no one has ever said being high is an advantage in any sporting event.

It's really hard to believe he pulled that off when he didn't know where he was. But if said he did it that day.

Last edited:
Still one of my all time favorite fights to watch

What a great fight. Love this short interview, Gomi did some work on Nick's face.

“Karate shit”
“Super punch”
“Little Japanese guy”
“Hadouken fuckin punch”

Lmao classic interview. Both Diaz bros has respect for Gomi

Or Gomi was just massively overrated as a fighter because he fought in Pride and back in those days, Sherbros were all sucking at the Pride tit and believed they had the greatest fighters in the history of combat sports and every Pride fighter could destroy any UFC fighter. Thankfully, we've come a long way since then...

“Karate shit”
“Super punch”
“Little Japanese guy”
“Hadouken fuckin punch”

Lmao classic interview. Both Diaz bros has respect for Gomi

172652.jpg

In my opinion, Tifa was better when she was in the 1997 iteration of Final Fantasy VII. The PS1 iteration of Final Fantasy VII shows Tifa the way she's SUPPOSED to look. Plastic Fantastic Tifa.

plastic-fantastic.jpg

People seem to think that being high on THC means you don't feel pain. Wtf is that? Of course you feel pain. Fighting while high does not help you win. No matter how comfortable you are when you're high, your reaction time is slower, you're less focussed, and you won't be able to act in the moment as well. It's a handicap, not a PED
grappling high is a different story, not condoning it, but def a PED for jiu jitsu. speaking from past experience.

172652.jpg

In my opinion, Tifa was better when she was in the 1997 iteration of Final Fantasy VII. The PS1 iteration of Final Fantasy VII shows Tifa the way she's SUPPOSED to look. Plastic Fantastic Tifa.

plastic-fantastic.jpg
nah, def better in remake. the remake may suck as far as respecting the original, but remake tifa...
245.gif

Tell that to all the NFL players that smoke weed every day to help alleviate the absurd amount of pain they live with while a football season is going on. There have been dozens of players that have literally retired in their 20s because their bodies couldn't handle living without marijuana to manage the pain.

Also the first ever Olympic snowboarding gold medalist won his medal while completely baked and had his medal stripped. Clearly smoking weed had it's advantages for this man.

That decision was reversed after an appeal, and he still has his medal. Weed doesn't improve your performance but it does alter your perspective, which can be a huge personal advantage. I was terrified in the terrain park until I got high. Then I would hit a 20 foot gap without a second thought.

People seem to think that being high on THC means you don't feel pain. Wtf is that? Of course you feel pain. Fighting while high does not help you win. No matter how comfortable you are when you're high, your reaction time is slower, you're less focussed, and you won't be able to act in the moment as well. It's a handicap, not a PED

I think you're being a bit ignorant. When I blaze a joint before I play basketball I always perform better. The focus it brings me on the court is great, generally speaking weed is also known as a vasodilator which means it expands your blood cells allowing for better blood circulation. I run 6 to 8 km everyday and when I blaze I usually get a better time and feel better than when I don't blaze. Mind you if I never smoked weed before and I smoked for a week or something I'm sure it would have negative impacts on my cardiovascular system as my body and lungs would not be use to the smoking aspect.

172652.jpg

plastic-fantastic.jpg

Im a fan of pyramid boobies Tifa and remake Tifa. Tifa is Tifa brah I don’t discriminate

Back