improving shoulder endurance

NoiSe

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've been doing muay thai for about 3 months now, and I find that my shoulders get tired when going hands-only. What are some ways to improve shoulder endurance? Exercises, rep schemes, etc..?
A lil background - I've been into bodybuilding the last few years, so I was in the gym 4 times a week. Now I do muay thai 3 times a week, and still try to make it to the gym 1-2 times a week. I've decreased the number of exercises I do for shoulders since I started training in muay thai, and use lighter weight now.
What are your recommendations ???

i suggest doing some bearcrawls..theyll help alot with endurance in the shoulders

Bearcrawls is an interesting option. Otherwhise it is pushups, pushups, and more pushups in all kind of variations. Of course you could always do high repertitons on weights to but I really dont see the purpose to drag your ass into the gym to work on your muscle endurance.

And of course, get a punching bag at home and work it religiously. For endurance in the shoulders specificaly do straigth punching on it (no kicking) and mix power punching and punch out drills.

By the way Noise. Dont start confusing training for muscle endurance and training for strength. They are separate goals. Easy rule, in the gym (strength gym that is..) = strength n power, outside = endurance.

wrong forum - but jumping rope helps.

thecreator said:
Yeah, maybe handstand skipping, just hold the rope with your toes.
lol..

what are bearcrawls??

Crawl like a bear man. And im serious.

Hindu Pushups, Handstand Pushups, Bear Crawls,

If you do weights, Complexes with wipe your delts.

Jump Rope.

My rope has 2lb weights in the handles and I typically where my 4oz bag gloves

Go to the standup forum and read Kabuki's Heaybag rounds in the stickys. Everything else is secondary to hitting the bag.

Back