Impressive debut by Rustam Khabilov (merged threads)

27.. Spiking the opponent to the canvas onto the head or neck (pile-driving)

A pile driver is considered to be any throw where you control your opponent's body placing his feet straight up in the air with his head straight down and then forcibly drive your opponents head into the canvas or flooring material. It should be noted when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is capable of elevating their opponent they may bring that opponent down in any fashion they desire because they are not in control of their opponents body. The fighter who is attempting the submission can either adjust their position, or let go of their hold before being slammed to the canvas.

Yes exactly, like a pile driver.
Throwing someones body weight over your own head, although partially elevating their legs, is not forcibly driving their head onto the canvas. I suppose it is up for some debate but I think there is a big difference. He is not forcibly smashing someones head to the canvas.

What you described is legal, the one in the fight was not!

Stop fcking bitching around. Your american fighter lost to a Russian, get fckn over it. This was maybe the most impressive debut in UFC history. Feel glad to be a witness an stfu.

Could really use a gif here..... For us that didn't see it....

I'd have thought at least one of the 50+ posts would mention the guys name and/or say what happened.

what is this thread about?

Stop fcking bitching around. Your american fighter lost to a Russian, get fckn over it. This was maybe the most impressive debut in UFC history. Feel glad to be a witness an stfu.

Could care less who won, I am a ref and rule nerd.

dafuq, why non-American have to bring these stuff up, no one is even talking about
nationality. Go back to watch M-1 please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back