Impossible to armbar

MKashew

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YGLAdK5pmXc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YGLAdK5pmXc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

am I the only one that heard something break? I think he just has a high pain tolerance. :p

i was thinking, what about those double jointed guys in the shoulders, that can rotate their arm completly around...wouldn't it be hard as hell to shoulder lock them with say a kimura?

i was thinking, what about those double jointed guys in the shoulders, that can rotate their arm completly around...wouldn't it be hard as hell to shoulder lock them with say a kimura?

I believe I read a rumor that Royler Gracie has this ability.

That was pretty nasty, he should play a joke where he goes to school and lets himself get armbarred. When he doesn't tape he lets his arm dislocate while he pretends to scream in agony.

That was pretty nasty, he should play a joke where he goes to school and lets himself get armbarred. When he doesn't tape he lets his arm dislocate while he pretends to scream in agony.

I don't think a dislocated shoulder is painless, haven;t you ever seen the movie Lethal Weapon :icon_chee

I don't think a dislocated shoulder is painless, haven;t you ever seen the movie Lethal Weapon :icon_chee

One of my favorite movies, and the kid in the video wasn't dislocating his shoulder.

I feel like that could be a disadvantage because god knows what other angles could be leveraged once your at that point.

One idea that comes to mind is rotating and pulling down and doing who knows what to the rotator cuff/shoulder. Definitely turning it angles that its not meant to be turned, though.

see the Sakuraba fight
might not be a rumor

Yeah, the ref was not supposed to stop that fight. It was supposed to go until submission or the towel was thrown in. I honestly don't think Royler stood a chance anyway, but he did not tap and the ref had no right to stop the match at that particular point.

I have that ability and can dislocated my shoulders at will with no pain. It can help with certain shoulder locks where the range on motion is blocked by something (body, mat, etc) but some like a kimura from side control (where you get on one knee) has such a long and uninterupted range of motion that I'll still get tapped. I just have more leeway than most.

I think it can be really dangerous - even if your bones don't break, the ligaments/tendons surely can get torn and snap. So they'd still tap.
But we need a double-jointed guy to add more input on this!

I believe I read a rumor that Royler Gracie has this ability.

My old instructor is a student under Royler and he said the same thing. That omoplata doesn't work on him as a submission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back