im unimpressed with Gaethje

Im impressed with pretty much everybody at lw, that division is top tier talent wise

Apparently you are too blind to see the difference between Gaethje 1.0 and 2.0.

He pretty much ended Tonys career after Tony went on an amazing streak

Terrible take...Justin turned Tony into the brain dead zombie he is now..That beating effectively ended Tony's career.

This is literally the dumbest shit I've seen on here lately (besides "everyone's ducking Islam"). Talk about terrible fucking takes. Have you guys even watched the whole fight?

Tony lost, no need to over-exaggerate.

Does Sherdog like any fighter who is fun to watch? You guys just bash or are unimpressed by anyone entertaining.

MJ: was 1-3 in his last four before he fought him. the biggest hit or miss fighter in UFC history
James Vick: a glass jaw who was killing himself to make LW? cool i guess
Barboza: was never champ or top 5 and
Captura_de_Tela_2019_04_02__s_14.24.57.png

beating the corpse of Cowboy and Tony and than getting choked by Khabib
is not enough to get a title shot imo.

aside from his fight with MJ he doesn't have a SINGLE impressive / notable win .. and this guy is supposed to fight for the title?

I am 100% certain that Gathje would also be unimpressed by you, but right now he's pretty busy not knowing that you even exist.

Smashed Vick, Barboza, and basically ended Tony. Took Poirier to the limit despite losing. Yea what a bum.

We have to wait and see where JG really fits in.

Beating Tony was very impressive at the time but with the benefit of hindsight, it looks like Tony was done being elite. Folks saying JG "took his soul" and what not are delusional - Tony was out for hardcore reconstructive knee surgery a year prior.

He had only fought a shot Pettis and Cowboy, neither of them elite, and Pettis dropped him. Age, mileage and a really life changing injury were working against Tony.

The three best guys he fought outside of Tony were Khabib, Poirer and Alvarez. They all put him away.

Unfortunately he folded against Khabib. I'm off the train since then. Conor KOs him stiff.

The only guy to win a round from Khabib fair and square.
Well, depending on who you ask Tibau took as many as 3 rounds from Khabib.

The fact that all 3 judges scored that decision 30-27 for Khabib is shocking.
Round 1
Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Tibau
Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Tibau
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Tibau

Round 2
Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Tibau
Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Tibau
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Tibau

Round 3
Jordan Breen scores the round 10-10 (30-28 Tibau)
Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Tibau (30-27 Tibau)
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Tibau (30-27 Tibau)

Official result: All three judges score the bout 30-27 for the winner by unanimous decision, Khabib Nurmagomedov. The crowd boos the baffling verdict as Nurmagomedov tears up. Tibau looks rightfully incredulous when the winner’s name is read.

MEDIA SCORES
MMAJunkie.com 29-28 Nurmagomedov
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-30 Tibau
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 27-30 Tibau
Shaun Al-Shatti
MMAFighting.com 27-30 Tibau
MMAWeekly.com 27-30 Tibau

Even the most fanatical Khabib worshippers tend to give Tibau at least round 2.

But anyway, what was this thread about?
Ah, Justin!
I was very impressed when he dominated Tony Ferguson like that; Tony was on a crazy run and was THE guy to beat Khabib.

But Gaethje beat him up good.

I really don't want to watch Poirier vs Conor 3... McGregor vs Justin would have been a much more interesting fight IMHO.

And if Conor wins, then he would have had the right to rematch Dustin. At least that's what would have happened if he wasn't the UFC's current biggest star...

Gathe is unimpressed with YOU

Never bet against trevor wittman.
Best coach in the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back